De eerste bètarelease van Joomla versie 3.0 is uitgekomen. Joomla is een dynamisch, in php geschreven contentmanagementsysteem, dat kan worden gebruikt om bijvoorbeeld een weblog, website of collaboratiesite te maken. Om het programma in het Nederlands te gebruiken kun je onder andere op Joomla Community terecht. Nieuw in versie 3.0 is onder meer de integratie van Twitter Bootstrap. Verder kan PostgreSQL nu als database worden gebruikt, kunnen taalpakketten nu direct vanuit de extension manager geïnstalleerd worden en is er een nieuwe administrator statistics module. De release notes voor deze uitgave kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
Joomla 3.0 Beta1 Released
The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the availability of Joomla! CMS 3 Beta1. Community members are asked to download and install the package in order to provide quality assurance for Joomla 3.0 scheduled for release on September 27, 2012.
Joomla 3 will be the next major release of the Joomla CMS, with Joomla 3.0 the first short term support release in its life cycle. The beta release follows two alpha releases.
Extension developers are encouraged to work with this release in order to prepare extensions for the General Availability release of Joomla 3.0. Users are encouraged to test the package for issues and to report issues in the Joomla! issue tracker.
What is the status of Joomla! 2.5?
Version 2.5 of the Joomla! CMS is a Long Term Support release and support for it will continue until shortly after the release of Joomla 3.5 scheduled for Spring 2014. Users do not need to migrate to Joomla 3.0.
What is the status of Joomla! 1.5?
Support for Joomla 1.5 will end shortly after the release of Joomla 3.0. It is currently supported only for security issues.
Will I be able to update directly to Joomla! 3?
Moving to Joomla 3.0 from Joomla 2.5 will be a migration not an upgrade, although for the core of Joomla! the migration should be simple. However it is likely that templates for Joomla 2.5 will need modification to work with Joomla 3 as will many extensions. Always test prior to migrating and consult with the developers of any extensions and templates you use.
What are the new features of Joomla! 3?
In addition the beta release of CMS includes the current version of the Joomla! Platform, which includes a large number of new and improved packages.
- Incorporation of Twitter Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template--Isis-- and interface.
- A new front end template--Protostar-- built using Twitter Bootstrap Updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS