Jgsoft heeft zijn gratis teksteditor EditPad Lite dinsdag voorzien van een update naar versie 6.4.4 Dit programma is niet bedoeld voor programmeurs - die kunnen beter EditPad Pro of Notepad++ gebruiken - maar is meer een vervanger van het met Windows meegeleverde Kladblok. Anders dan Kladblok kan EditPad Lite een onbeperkt aantal bestanden in hetzelfde scherm open hebben, heeft het geen limiet op de grootte van te openen bestanden en is het aantal undo's en redo's onbeperkt. Het changelog van deze release laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
- HTML content-type meta tag and XML declaration checks should offerto change the meta tag or declaration to indicate the encoding used in EditPad, to save the file as is (reinterpreting it using the encoding from the meta tag or XML declaration in EditPad), or to cancel the save, instead of merely presenting an error message.
- Portable installation: Lists of files previously opened files should survive changing drive letters.
- Word wrap: Allow text to be wrapped after any ideograph, even if there is no whitespace.
- Windows 7: Disable EditPad's icon next to the system clock by default, as Windows 7 hides all notification icons by default.
- Windows 7: Show full window caption in the tasbar button's popup menu, instead of the shortened caption that appears directly on the button in previous versions of Windows. In Windows 7, the taskbar only shows the icon, and the popup menu has plenty of space for the full caption.
- Editor: Avoid clipping of (italic) characters with overhang.
- Editor: Spacing combining marks (Unicode category Mc) are no longer allowed to be separated from their base characters. This improves editing of text in South Asian scripts, such as Devanagari, that use spacing combining marks.
- EditPad fails to restore itself after begin minimized if the active file is modified in EditPad and has been modified on disk by another application.
- File Types: Changing the word wrapping setting in the file type configuration (i.e. for all files of that type, rather than for the current file via the Options menu) would crash EditPad if a file of that type was open but not the active file, and that file was larger than 64K, and the changed setting required a change in word wrapping for that file.
- File|Rename/Move did not rename the file if the new name was the same as the old one, except for differences in case.
- HTML content-type meta tag check is now more accurate, so it checks only HTML files, and not on other files storing random bits of HTML that happent to include a content-type meta tag.
- In some situations, the text cursor became invisible until you switched keyboard focus within EditPad, such as by opening or clicking on the Search panel.
- Pressing the delete key while at the same time making a selection with the mouse caused an access violation.
- Scrolling a file by dragging the scroll bar's thumb immediately after opening the file did not always allow the end of the file to be reached, even if EditPad has already finished scanning it for line breaks. Making any scrolling or cursor movement (using the scroll bar or not) would update the scroll bar to allow the thumb to scroll through all lines in the file.
- Shift+Tab deleted the whole selection if the selection was on a single line, and there was whitespace to the left of the cursor. Only the whitespace should be deleted, up to one tab stop in size.