Nessus is een securityscanner die een netwerk kan scannen op bekende exploits en openstaande services. Resultaten kunnen vervolgens in verscheidene rapporten weergegeven worden. Ook kan de software geïntegreerd worden met andere pakketten, zoals CyberArk voor credentialmanagement en mdm-software van Microsoft, Apple, MobileIron en AirWatch. Nessus wordt in drie verschillende smaken uitgegeven: de gratis te gebruiken Home-editie, en de betaalde Professional- en Manager-edities. Tenable heeft Nessus 8.0 uitgebracht met de volgende aanpassingen:
The following new features are included in Nessus 8.0:
The following features are being added back into Nessus reports with Nessus 8.0:
- Live Results: When users enable Live Results on a scan, Nessus checks newly-released plugins against previously collected scan data without having to run a full new scan.
- Vulnerability Snoozing/Inboxing: Users can “snooze” a vulnerability for a period of time, allowing them to focus on the vulnerabilities they wish to handle now, while having the ones they want to see later reappear after the set time period.
- Local Log Extraction: Users can download local Nessus logs for troubleshooting from the Nessus user interface.
- Vulnerability Grouping: Users can group vulnerabilites together by application, plugin, etc. so that the list of scan results is truncated and shows related vulnerabilities together.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Re-enabled collapsibility and expandability of HTML report sections
- Re-added color-coded bullets to show severity of plugin vulnerabilities
- Fixed issue with report mismatch on port 53
- Changed the verbiage of "Licensed Hosts: None"
- Fixed issue in which UI becomes inaccessible due to scans being stuck in "processing" when attaching reports to emails
- Updated Nessus so that accounts that got locked and have only one user can be unlocked
- Fixed issue where Nessus Manager agent "platform" changes did not persist
- Restored support for printing scan results from browser's print function
- Fixed report export sorting
- Fixed issue where the expiration date changes when plugins are manually updated
- Fixed issue where error is displayed though proper scan name and target file was uploaded
- Fixed issue in advanced settings where duplicate settings can be created if default setting is renamed
- Fixed issue where plugin editor failed to correctly show all when that filter was enabled
- Fixed issue in which Nessus Manager delivers a diff update with incorrect checksum
- Fixed KMS helper build errors