Versie 10.50 van RJ TextEd is uitgebracht. Deze gratis teksteditor van Zweedse makelij heeft diverse mogelijkheden, die vooral voor software- en webontwikkelaars interessant zijn, zoals syntax-highlighting, autocompletion, uitgebreide selectie- en sorteermogelijkheden en een ingebakken (s)ftp-client. Het programma wordt voor Windows ontwikkeld, maar is via Wine ook onder Linux te gebruiken. De changelog voor deze uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
Hex view and hexadecimal editing abilities has been added to the text memo component. The 3d party hex editor component has been removed. The loaded text or binary file is not altered or loaded between components anymore when switching between text and hex mode. Everything is handled by my text memo component. This means undo/redo always work even if we switch between views and the hex view can use theme colors.
You can copy selected bytes (or words) as:
- Options are available in the context menu.
- You can display 16, 24 or 32 bytes per row.
- You can group 1 or 2 bytes in each column.
- You can display the text as ANSI or ASCII.
- Undo/Redo now works even if you switch between text and hex view.
- Colors can be set in the themes manager.
- Font is set in Options -> Font and tabs.
- Print font size is auto adjusted to make sure the display is fitted to each printed page.
- Goto (Ctrl+G) a specified address in the file.
- Some of the select functions work in hex view as well, like "Select All", "Select current line", "Select to EOL"...
Plain text and code is displayed as 16-bit words and it's indicated at top left corner. Binary files are displayed as 8-bit bytes.
- Visual Basic .NET
- Rich Text (RTL)
ASCII files are handled differently in this version. All ASCII files are opened and loaded without any conversion to Unicode. They are handled as binary files internally. ASCII characters are still displayed correctly for all code pages.
Converting between ASCII code pages will not actually change the file data. Nothing is altered, the characters are only displayed differently depending on which code page is selected.
Convert between ANSI/ASCII and Unicode
- You can even convert between ASCII and Unicode (and back).
- Undo/Redo works now with conversion and changing encodings.
- The symbol panel page "ASCII" is now adaptive and always display the full ASCII range based on the current code page used. If the current ASCII file use OEM Cyrillic - those characters are displayed in the ASCII page.
- ALT + code should work properly now as well and insert the correct values.
All convert functions in the "Format" menu should work correctly now and work with undo/redo. You never risk loosing anything when doing a conversion. You can undo any conversion operation.
Added an item to the "New" dropdown list on the main toolbar to create a new file. In the dialog window you can enter name, extension, file type, and encoding. You can also create a new binary file.
It is also available on the "Home" page in the "Create new file" area.
Added an option (in font and tabs section) to change the font size. The current line is highlighted in the document map.
Added an option to auto adjust the printer font size to fit all text within the right margin (or column 80) to the printed page. This option is set by default and is available in the print dialog window.
Made some visual changes to the home page and added an item to open the new dialog window for creating a new document.
Added a few new menu items to the script menu.
- You can now add scripts to the script menu for quick access. This is a very simple implementation and only list the added scripts at the end of the menu. You can manage the added scripts (sort, remove...).
- If you select the menu item "Run and select document..." you are prompted to select an open document. This document will be moved to the right side and used as the "Document" in the script.
You can now assign a keyboard shortcut to all project commands (compile, build, run and user commands). Compile, Build and Run and Run without build can be enabled in the main toolbar. Use "Environment - Customize toolbar" to enable them.
Added an option to save modified files before build.
Made a few changes to the search bar. You can now use a one-line bar when searching in folders or project files. Use the new folder button to open a menu with a list of recently used folders, search filters and other folder functions and options.
Document switch list (Ctrl+Tab)
Document switch list now handles mouse click, double mouse clicks and mouse wheel scrolling.
A single left mouse click will focus the item and display the document path.
A double left mouse click will focus the item, display the document path and switch tab to the selected document. The document switch list remains open.
If the vertical scrollbar is shown - you can scroll the list using the mouse wheel.
Replaced the line number menu items in the "View" menu with one menu item. "Line numbers" will display or hide the line numbers for the current file type. So you can enable line numbers in text files, hide them in CSS files but display them in PHP files...
- Optimized code and improved editing performance.
- Minor changes to how tab controls are painted.
- Added an output format item to the color dialog for just the RGB values.
- Remote FTP file path is now displayed in the window title.
- Added an option to set the navigation history offset. The default is 1 page.
- Format - Wrap lines at margin... should work with selections now and handle the column# value properly when using a proportional font.
- Added "Save Copy As..." to the tab context menu.
- Multiple selections are displayed in the document map.
- Document tab hint information is better formatted.
- Open and save binary files didn't work properly and could corrupt the file.
- Open, save and edit ASCII files didn't work properly.
- "Unwrap lines by removing line breaks..." now work on selected text.
- Auto highlight issue when displaying find results.
- Syntax change issue when saving a text file and using a different extension.
- Window redraw issue, could result in jumping display in panels...
- Document map draw issue when selecting text with auto highlight words.
- Cursor position issue when document map is displayed.
- Left/Right/Center align should use the correct right margin value now.
- Several other minor issues found when working on this release.