Versie 10.40 van RJ TextEd is uitgebracht . Deze gratis teksteditor van Zweedse makelij heeft diverse mogelijkheden die vooral voor software- en webontwikkelaars interessant zijn, zoals syntax-highlighting, autocompletion, uitgebreide selectie- en sorteermogelijkheden en een ingebakken (s)ftp-client. Het programma wordt voor Windows ontwikkeld, maar is via Wine ook onder Linux te gebruiken. De changelog voor deze uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
Added a document map view to the right inside the editor window. The view option is available in the "View" menu.
The document map display a larger layout of the current document giving you a better overview. This can make it easier to edit, scroll and navigate.
Highlighted words or selections are highlighted in the document map.
Changed lines are marked by a line on the left.
Bookmarks are marked by a small line to the right.
The current page is indicated by a colored line to the left of the document map.
Navigate by mouse click
You can navigate by a mouse click in the document map.
The document view is moved to the clicked position in the document map.
NOTE! Not all editing actions are immediately reflected in the document map. E.g. editing text on a single line is not immediately updated in the map. Selection is not updated until you release the mouse button etc. The document map is designed to have almost no impact on performance. But it should be updated when scrolling, clicking the mouse in the editor area or creating a new line...
- Normal scrolling will scroll and move the page marker in the document map.
- Press Ctrl + dragging the scroll thumb to scroll the document map only. When you release the mouse button the document view is moved to the new location.
- Mouse wheel scroll is faster when over the document map.
- Ctrl + mouse wheel scroll will scroll the document map only. The document view is moved when you release the Ctrl key.
Added output options to the color dialog window available in e.g. "Tools" menu.
Selected color in the document is used when opening the dialog window.
- You can select to output the color to the editor or the clipboard.
- You can choose one of several color formats like Dec, Hex, RGB(r,g,b).
- The output color can be enclosed by quotes.
- You can select output case e.g. #ffccaa, rgb(255,180,120) or #FFCCAA...
All supported color formats can be used.
Added a tab control with three tabs. Recent files, recent projects and recent sessions. This gives each recent list more space and we can display all three.
Made some other minor layout changes as well.
Added a script menu. This allows you to handle scripts without the quickbar.
Added two new functions to the document object.
Document.BeginUndo() - create an undo starting point
Document.EndUndo() - create the undo end point
When the user press "Undo" all operations between BeginUndo() and EndUndo() will be undone.
Sessions are now listed in last saved order. New saved sessions are displayed first in the list. Old updated items are moved to the top when saved.
I've made the search progress window wider and added a progress bar. The total number of files is displayed with the current file number. And files are now displayed with a path (compressed if necessary).
Recent file list
You can now set the number of items that should be displayed in both menu's and on "Home" page in options.
Recent project and session lists are not affected. The number of projects and sessions displayed are unlimited.
If you've set up the tool to display an output and the output is UTF8 encoded you can now set an option in the "Options - Tools" Add/Edit window. If the option is unset the output is assumed to be ANSI.
Made some visual changes and added a start point (undo state when the file was opened).
Removed the document tab menu item to change the tab color.
- A selection issue.
- Document tab multi line hint issue.
- Inserting text on each line.
- Redo issue with "Insert text on each line".
- Window title not updated when closing right view
- Code explorer tab text color issue.
- A few issues in the help file.
- Document.Wordwrap in scripts.
- RegExPos() in script should return 0 if nothing is found.
- Switch highlighter manually didn't always work with files without extension.
- Triple quote issue in Python.
- Crash at Windows log off with modified files.
- Recover files after crash, log off or reboot.