Versie 1.5.0 van Scribus is uitgekomen. Scribus is een opensource-programma voor desktoppublishing. Het programma kan gebruikt worden voor het opmaken en bewerken van documenten voor onder meer drukwerk, die vervolgens als pdf of postscript-document opgeslagen kunnen worden. Op deze pagina is een overzicht van de verschillende mogelijkheden van dit programma te vinden. Versie 1.5.0 moet als een testrelease voor versie 1.6.0 worden gezien en bevat een groot aantal veranderingen. Uitgebreide release notes kunnen op deze pagina worden gevonden, dit is een kort gedeelte daarvan.
Scribus 1.5.0 Released
After many years of work and more than a thousand bugfixes and feature implementations, the Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.5.0. Scribus 1.5.0 is a preview of the next stable version 1.6.0 and has primarily been released for testing purposes, so more users can help us with identifying and fixing bugs. It is not stable enough for use in real production scenarios yet, but it can help users to become familiar with the new interface and the amount of new features, the number of which has almost doubled in comparison to the stable 1.4.x series.
Most Important Technical Changes
Most Important New Features
- Scribus 1.5.0 uses Qt 5 as its UI toolkit. The minimum version to compile Scribus from source is Qt 5.4.
- The file format has undergone significant changes and may change even further before the release of 1.6.0. Thus, files created or edited in 1.5.0 cannot be opened in earlier versions of Scribus. Potential changes to the file format on the road to 1.6.0 notwithstanding, the Scribus Team will work very hard to make sure that files created by 1.5.0 and the following technology previews can be opened reliably in the next stable release.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer GraphicsMagick and Open Scene Graph support for all platforms yet, whereas on Linux (and probably *BSD), GM and and OSG have become new dependencies.
- Scribus will detect an installed version of UniConvertor and use it to import some of the vector formats supported by this program into Scribus.
- The user interface has been overhauled and restructured in many places. For example, the context menu takes a lot less screen estate than before, and the Document Setup / Preferences dialog has been rewritten from scratch. The Scribus Team is aware of the remaining deficiencies and will work on resolving these issues before the release of 1.6.0. In some cases inconsistencies in the UI (e.g. the "Drop Shadow" tab in the Properties Palette) have been deliberately left in place to receive feedback from users as to which way they prefer.
- Scribus can now store bitmap images within its native file format. Previously it was only possible to link to external images.
- Scribus 1.5.0 now offers a "Symbol" or clone feature similar to Adobe Illustrator: If one master object (Symbol) has been modified, all of its copies (clones) are being modified as well.
- With the new "Weld" feature, objects can be combined and moved without being "grouped", i.e., each object remains fully editable.