Na een reeks van versies die alleen voor PlexPass-houders beschikbaar was, is er eindelijk weer eens een nieuwe publieke versie van Plex Media Server uitgekomen. Dit programma is een opensourcemediaserver voor Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS X en diverse nas-apparaten. Het kan content serveren aan clients op dezelfde machine, binnen het lokale netwerk of zelfs over internet. Clientsoftware is beschikbaar voor de eerder genoemde besturingssystemen, maar bijvoorbeeld ook voor iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Google TV en Chromecast. Het programma bevat een eigen App Store, waar plug-ins kunnen worden uitgewisseld. Via deze plug-ins kan bijvoorbeeld content van diverse streaming-diensten worden bekeken. Daarnaast is er PlexPass, een betaalde dienst die eerder toegang tot nieuwe versies geeft, naast korting op 'Premium features'. De release notes voor deze uitgave kunnen hieronder worden gevonden.
- Added Hebrew translation.
- (Linux) A crash on Linux when media directory permissions were wrong.
- Rapid seeking could lead to video playback stopping.
- Improved reliabilty around publishing network connections.
- Use TLS instead of SSLv3 when talking to plex.tv.
- (DASH) More reliable seeking.
- (ReadyNAS) Fix logo not appearing.
0.9.11.0 (Plex Pass only)New
- New translations for Dutch, French, German, Arabic, Norweigan, Italian, Czech, Belgian and Spanish.
- Improved connection publishing when network changes.
- (Synology) DSM 5.0 is now the mimumum version required.
- Theme music was not working.
- Transcoder throttling was broken.
- (ReadyNAS) Transcoding could fail on a clean install.
- (unRAID) The 32-bit package was broken.
- (Synology) Require DSM 5.0.
- (XB1) Prefer AC3 to AAC for multichannel audio.
- Sometimes trailers for already watched movies could be shown.
- Sometimes trailers for the main feature could be shown.
- An issue where upgrade from a much older version could result in the server not working.
- Playing an album and then queueing an album would interleave track.
- A case where some media wouldn't be detected as anamorphic.
- Fix a case where we were returning invalid redirects.
- In some cases where metadata bundles were missing, refresh could go into a loop.
- Custom library icons were broken.
- Detect and disallow adding duplicates to play queues.
- (Windows) Fix icon in about dialog.
- Transcoder statistics weren't being sent up (speed, progress).
0.9.10.3 (Plex Pass only)New
- Media server is now localized ~ http://www.getlocalization.com/PlexMediaServer/
- An issue shuffling all episodes.
- Improve Cinema Trailer selection when video has unknown content rating.
- After a network issue, the server could become unresponsive.
- The media analysis scheduled task could make the server unresponsive.
- When shuffling a play queue, ensure current item is at the start.
- Transcoding subtitles which didn't exist could cause a crash.
- Some files were not getting thumbnails during media analysis.
- Fix transcoder to handle some MPEG files properly.
- An issue affecting video streaming to the Android TV.
- Some cases in which graphics (posters, art) could end up partially downloaded.
- Make sure selected graphics are stored (could result in missing locked graphics).
- An issue where missing metadata could result in low-resolution graphics.
- An issue where the transcoded video could show "technicolor snow".
- Inconsistent unwatched episode count in some cases.
- (Windows) Fix the icon.
0.9.10.1 (Plex Pass only)Fixes
- A crash related to some network operations.
- A (long-standing) port-mapping related crash on OS X (due to a bug in system libraries).
- Repeatedly moving playlist items to the top could fail.
- If the server did an on-the-fly refresh, extras wouldn't show up (would work second time).
- Recently viewed shows weren't updated if episodes where only partially watched (thanks, ClunkClunk!)
- Recently Added (in iOS, e.g) was missing things compared to the display in the web app.
- Videos with colorspaces other than YUV420p might have playback issues.
0.9.10.0 (Plex Pass only)New
- Improved reliability in media analysis and transcoding.
- Improved quality in video transcoding.
- Improved speed in video transcoding, especially when starting new sessions and when seeking.
- Support for transcoding a number of new formats, including H.265/HEVC.
- Much-improved support for styled Advanced SubStation subtitles (primarily used in anime).
- Improved support for SRT subtitles, especially those including bidirectional text and Unicode characters.
- Support for 64-bit UnRAID systems.
- Support for PPC Thecus systems.
- An improved default subtitle font, now used across all platforms.
- Support for HTTPS channel content.
- Removed support for legacy Flash and Silverlight channels.
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer supported.
- The legacy transcoder, which is available as an option in some Plex clients, will be removed soon. Please be sure to report specific cases where you still see better results when using it.
- Ratings no longer display floating point weirdness.
- Handle file I/O failures gracefully when streaming media.
- Fix and speed up for Recently Viewed Shows.
- Fix a rare case in which play queues could repeat items.
- Playlists with TV shows might not have a duration or item count.
- Shutdown the database cleanly on exit, so we don't have -wal/shm files left around.
- Run library analysis in the background so request isn't long-running.
- Issues with menu icon on Yosemite.
- Fix jaggies with Windows icon.
0.9.9.16 (Plex Pass only)Fixes
- (Linux/FreeBSD) Cloud trailer options now work.
- (Playlists) Allow creating playlist with multiple selected items.
- Correctly limit Cinema Trailers, we'd occasionally display more than requested.
- Fix flaky behavior when adding multiple items to a collection.
- Make sure we set size when ingesting media (e.g. Camera Upload).
- Servers trancoding sync files wouldn't sleep when finished.
- Fix an issue which could incorrectly mark videos as unwatched during migration.
- Make sure extras are sorted by index (trailer is always first).
- Improved "by first letter" organization, fixes issue on Windows Phone.
0.9.9.15 (Plex Pass only)New
- Pass up language for better cloud trailer matching.
- Pass up "redband trailers" agent preference for cloud trailers.
- Allow specifying a specific video to be used as "pre-roll" during Cinema Trailers.
- Allow per-library enabling of Cinema Trailers.
- Read in artist collections in case agent fills them in.
- Track album/artist/season/show view & skip counts.
- Much improved "similar" Cinema Trailers selection with content rating taken into account.
- Make sure we only extra-prefix movies, not episodes.
- Improve sorting for "Recently Added" TV (use episode add time).
- Import artist/album plays/skips as part of iTunes import.
- (Sync) Fix an issue where converted files could be left around on disk.
- Hugely better default sorts for episode, album, and track listings.
- (Roku) Fixed an issue with subsetted BIF files.
- Fixed a regression where filtering by SD resolution didn't work.
- Music track with thumbnail could lead to crash in media decision engine.
- Fix an issue where some view counts (for content played with older PHT releases) were too high.
- Large 3-5x speedup in displaying unwatched shows.
- Shuffling a play queue created from playlist empties the play queue.
- Fix "dumb" playlist importing on Windows.
- Support for displaying playlist durations > 555 hours.
- (Mac) Fix a rare issue which prevented the server from starting up properly.
- Fix a crash in the iTunes channel.
- Fix a hang which could occur during media analysis.