Het programma Plex, dat ook bekend is onder de naam Plexapp, is een opensourcemediacenter voor Intel-Macs. Het werd medio 2008 geforkt van het welbekende XBMC Media Center en wordt sindsdien apart verder ontwikkeld. Sinds enige tijd bevat het programma een 'App Store' waar plug-ins kunnen worden uitgewisseld. Via deze plug-ins kan bijvoorbeeld content van Hulu, Netflix en CNN Video direct worden bekeken. De ontwikkelaars hebben Plex met versienummer 0.9.1.7 uitgebracht met de volgende aankondiging:
Mo’ Betta Metadata Editing
You can download this latest incremental right here.
So a mere six days after at least some of us stuffed ourselves silly with turkey, and indeed perhaps invigorated from all those calories, we’re back with another incremental release. Shiny new features! Many bugs crushed! New levels, pigs, and a new bird! (Whoops, wrong program.) Seriously though, I think James has slept about 5 hours in the last six days, and has entered an advanced state of mind meld with Cocoa.
So let’s get to the exciting part! Here is what’s new and shiny. (Note that this is another incremental, which means it’s a work in progress, and you should only download it if you want to be on the bleeding edge.)
We also fixed a large number of bugs:
- NEW: We’ve fleshed out the Plex Media Manager to allow browsing into seasons and episodes, albums and tracks. It’s here, it’s pretty, and finally you can do things you’ve wanted to do for ages like edit season thumbs. Please note, even though it’s functional, it’s not finished by any means, and things like selection states and keyboard navigation are missing.
- NEW: Separate buttons for refreshing and agent settings.
- NEW: Keyboard shortcuts for Edit Metadata, Refresh, and Fix Incorrect Match.
- NEW: Typing letter scrolls to the first item which starts with that letter in the browser.
- NEW: Show Media Manager when dock icon is clicked.
- NEW: Include the WebManager.bundle in the package. This web-based media manager is really quite awesome. Built using the advanced Cappuccino framework by our one and only Brian D, it gives you a way to access and organize your media via any web browser (even on your iPad) and leaves you wondering “was that really a web app??” Try it yourself by hitting http://x.x.x.x:32400/manage – if you have an older version, delete the WebManager.bundle and let PMS refresh it for you on start (it’ll autoupdate shortly).
You can download this latest incremental right here. Please let us know in this thread how it is working for you!
- FIX: Delete collection instead section when clicking the [-] button (sorry!)
- FIX: Only allow dropping onto same-section collections.
- FIX: The Fix Incorrect Match button wasn’t working in the details view.
- FIX: We remember selection and scroll location when navigating back.
- FIX: Broken forward navigation, forward swiping in browse view.
- FIX: Missing last character in path bar in media manager.
- FIX: Plex Media Server issue which could result in hang or missing sections/plug-ins.
- FIX: Long beachball adding/removing sections.
- FIX: Rescan whacks collections, they weren’t locked correctly if you created them by dragging and dropping or context menu.
- FIX: Abort on start with Aperture XML file with weird permission/location.
- FIX: Don’t perform Bonjour resolves during video playback, fixes an every-ten-minute or so stutter.
- FIX: Rare crash in Plex when left idle.
- FIX: Continue scanning if we run into permissions issues.
- FIX: Dock icon weirdness when disabling and attempting an immediate restart.
- FIX: We’ve reverted the transcoder to use the older quality settings, which will reduce CPU usage.