World of Tanks Blitz heeft zijn oorsprong in Wargaming, de maker achter World of Tanks, World of Warships, World of Warplanes, Master of Orion en Total War: Arena. Het kan gezien worden als het kleine, snelle broertje van World of Tanks, en is een free-to-play, online spel waarin spelers elkaar in teams bestrijden met tanks uit de periode tussen grofweg 1925 en 1965. Het spel is gratis te spelen, maar maakt gebruik van microtransacties waarmee je bijvoorbeeld betere munitie of premiumvoertuigen kunt aanschaffen. Het spel draait op Android, iOS, Windows 10 en macOS. Daarnaast is een versie via Steam beschikbaar. Versie 5.5 is uitgebracht met de volgende aankondiging:
Commanders, get ready to meet the new update on November 13! In Update 5.5, we added new German vehicles and camouflages, increased profitability in rating battles, and preserved the Wasteland map in regular battles. We also reworked more than 60 vehicles and improved the gameplay of low-tier vehicles.
Main Changes and Improvements
Changes to Vehicles
- The VK 100.01 (P), Mäuschen, and VK 72.01 (K) heavy tanks were added to the German Tech Tree.
- The VK 100.01 (P) and Mäuschen can be researched after the Tiger (P).
- The VK 72.01 (K) took the place of the Maus and can be researched after the VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B.
- Until the release of Update 5.6, the Maus can be researched after both the VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B and Mäuschen.
- Starting from Update 5.6, players will be able to research the Maus after the Mäuschen only.
- The bonus to credits earned in rating battles was increased. Now it depends on the current rating, not on the league. The higher your rating, the more credits you will receive after battle:
- Gold League (3,000—3,999 rating points): a bonus of 0–32% was added to credits earned, depending on the current rating.
- Platinum League (4,000—4,999 rating points): a bonus of 33–65% will now be added to credits earned instead of 30%, depending on the current rating.
- Diamond League (5,000 rating points and above): a bonus of 66% and above (unlimited) will now be added to credits earned instead of 60%.
- In Update 5.5, the Wasteland map will be available in regular battles and training rooms. We'd like to hear your opinion on this map outside the Mad Games mode and collect statistics to determine the future of this location. Your feedback is very much appreciated!
- A button that enables the selection of collector vehicles was added to the vehicle filter.
- 4 rare camouflages were introduced. Their cost varies from 65 to 1,200 depending on the vehicle tier.
The Tech Tree, available modules, and mechanics were reworked for low-tier vehicles.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Tier I vehicles were removed from the game. They were replaced by more powerful tanks. Players will receive compensation for gold spent on purchasing camouflages for former Tier I vehicles.
- To reduce the speed of the vehicle's destruction and allow newcomers to survive longer in battle, we removed howitzers and high-capacity magazines for almost all Tier I–IV vehicles. Some vehicles received a decreased rate of fire or damage per shot, while others—more HP or enhanced armor.
- The economy of low-tier vehicles was reworked: the cost of researching modules and vehicles, purchasing vehicles, provisions, consumables, and resupplying camouflage was changed. The profitability of these vehicles was adjusted according to the new prices.
- Please note that the changed modules of low-tier vehicles can also be available for Tier V–VII vehicles. In such cases, the technical characteristics of vehicles, except in top configuration, were also changed.
- Since guns will be removed for many vehicles in this update, the shells for these guns can be deducted from your account with full compensation in credits. After updating your game client to version 5.5, check your ammunition before you enter battle.
- Some researchable vehicles received Collector status and were removed from the Tech Tree. Several Premium tanks were also given Collector status. You can either keep them or sell them for gold.
- For some vehicles in the updated Tech Tree, their vehicle type and tier were changed. Consequently, they now have a different number of available shells, slots for provisions and consumables, a different bonus to concealment provided by applied camouflage, etc.
- The "Damage by shot" ribbon was renamed "Damage caused", because it also counts damage from ramming.
- The VK 45.03 was added to the list of vehicles that the player needs to destroy in order to receive the Hunter medal.
- The bug, where the reticle could suddenly go up if the player switched to Sniper Mode when moving from behind cover with auto-aim enabled, was fixed.
- The bug, where the battle selection controls were unavailable for some players who had vehicles of Tier V and above in their Garage, was fixed.
- The bug, where black vehicle textures were displayed in the Garage (Steam version), was fixed.
- The bug, where refracted shell tracers were displayed, was fixed.
- Various screens, notifications, and descriptions were improved.
- General bugs and client crashes were fixed.