World of Tanks Blitz heeft zijn oorsprong in Wargaming, de maker achter World of Tanks, World of Warships, World of Warplanes, Master of Orion en Total War: Arena. Het kan gezien worden als het kleine, snelle broertje van World of Tanks, en is een free-to-play online spel waarin spelers elkaar in teams bestrijden met tanks uit de periode tussen grofweg 1925 en 1965. Het spel is gratis te spelen, maar maakt gebruik van microtransacties om zo bijvoorbeeld betere munitie of premiumvoertuigen te kunnen aanschaffen. Het spel draait op Android, iOS, Windows 10 en macOS, daarnaast is een versie via Steam beschikbaar. Versie 5.1 is uitgebracht met de volgende aankondiging:
In Update 5.1, we are continuing with our goal to make players' lives easier. We have made some big changes: we have improved the matchmaker and made mastery badges accumulative. Continuing our work from 5.0, Spare Parts have now been fully removed from the game, and all remaining Spare Parts in players' inventories have been converted to credits.
We have also focused on improving the lives of new tankers with the goal of making them enjoy the game more and become better players—we have introduced phased access to new game features to make it easier for new players to learn and understand them.
Learn more about all the changes taking effect from July 31.
Accumulative Mastery Badges
- The Corporal rare attachment was introduced for Tier X French vehicles: the AMX 50 B, AMX 50 Foch (155), Bat.-Châtillon 25 t. Cost to unlock: 4,000.
- The Commander rare attachment was introduced for Tier X American vehicles: the M48A1 Patton, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57 Heavy. Cost to unlock: 4,000.
Previously, players were awarded one mastery badge (Ace Tanker, Class I, Class II, Class III) per vehicle. Starting from Update 5.1, mastery badges will become accumulative, similar to medals. Statistics screens in the RECORD were changed accordingly:
Easier Life for Rookies
- In the Summary tab, the "Mastery badge: Ace Tanker" section was renamed "Vehicles with Ace Tanker badges". As before, this tab will show the number of vehicles with the Ace Tanker mastery badge and the total number of vehicles that participated in battles.
- In the "Summary"> "Valuable Awards" tab, the number of Ace Tanker mastery badges will be displayed.
- In the "Vehicles">"Awards" tab, the number of mastery badges for each vehicle will be displayed.
- The total number of mastery badges will be displayed in the "Awards"> "All" > "Battle Hero" tab.
We have set up a global change to the initial game experience aimed at familiarizing new players with the variety of features in World of Tanks Blitz. Starting from this update, new players will explore game mechanics gradually as the tier of their vehicles increases.
- Missions and bonus containers will be available starting from Tier III.
- The Storage will become available when the player gets a vehicle of at least Tier IV or any item, which is kept in the Storage.
- Players will get access to the game chat when they get a vehicle of at least Tier IV or a friend request/platoon invite. The battle chat is available all the time.
- Access to camouflages and attachments will open after the player gets a vehicle of Tier V or above. After that, the player will be able to apply camouflages and attachments to vehicles of any tier.
- Provisions can be used for vehicles of Tier IV and above. For vehicles of Tier IV, one provision slot is unlocked, for Tier V—two slots, for Tier VI and above—three slots. Players who have previously installed provisions, which will become unavailable after the update, will get full compensation in credits.
- For vehicles of Tier I–II, one consumable slot is unlocked, for Tier III—two slots, for Tier IV and above—three slots. Players who have previously installed consumables, which will become unavailable after the update, will get full compensation in credits.
Major and Minor Improvements
- VIII T-34-2
- Turret T-34-2 model 2:
- Frontal armor was reinforced from 180 to 200 mm.
- 200 mm armor was added behind the gun mantlet.
- Frontal armor of the turret hatches was reinforced from 120 to 150 mm.
- The vertical part of all gun mantlets was reinforced from 155 to 180 mm.
- VIII T-34-3
- Turret T-34-3:
- Frontal armor was reinforced from 170 to 190 mm.
- Frontal armor of the turret hatches was reinforced from 100 to 150 mm.
- VIII WZ-110
- Total HP was decreased from 1,450 to 1,400 (stock configuration) and from 1,550 to 1,500 (top configuration).
- Turret T-10:
- For the 100 mm 62-100T gun: reload time was increased from 8.34 to 9.58 s.
- VII LTTB
- Upper glacis plate armor was weakened from 90 to 75 mm.
- Turret LTTB:
- Frontal armor was weakened from 90 to 75 mm.
- Commander's cupola armor was weakened from 90 to 75 mm.
- All Spare Parts remaining on player accounts after the release of this update will be removed and compensated at the rate 1 to 12.
- Starting from Tier V regular battles, no more than three vehicles of the same type per team will be allowed.
- The Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack will be automatically installed on all new vehicles in the Garage. The cost of the pack in credits will be deducted from the player's account if there are enough credits. The player will be able to sell the Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack at full cost after it has been installed.
- Item grades were renamed: "standard" grade will become "common", "special"—"epic".
- In the Steel Pike attachment for the VIII IS-3 , the canvas was changed to a fire extinguisher. The positions of some elements were slightly changed.
- The "Markers", "Spotted Allies", and "Reload icon in the team list" options are now enabled by default in the Settings.
- When a player switches between the slots in the Appearance tab, the selected camouflage will remain if it is available for both slots and the second slot is empty.
- A button that navigates to Account Management on the portal was added to the Account screen settings.
- The battle results screen was added to replays. The following tabs are available: Personal, Team, Detailed, and Awards.
- An option to register without being in a clan was introduced for some tournaments. Now a player that does not belong to a clan can create a tournament room and invite any other player.
- The LIVE stream indicator will now be displayed only when the live stream is being broadcasted.
- Unequal positions on the Malinovka, Falls Creek, and Alpenstadt maps were improved.
- Now it is possible to find newly created accounts via the chat search.
- An issue, where the incorrect reload indicator was displayed after the replay rewind, was fixed.
- An issue, where the pre-battle countdown timer was quickened in replays, was fixed.
- The progress bar for a completed accumulative mission is now displayed on the screen with its description.
- An issue, where the reload of vehicles was displayed incorrectly in a training room when a spectator re-joined it, was fixed.
- The incorrect display of time in the notification for Premium Account accrual was fixed.
- Various screens, notifications, and descriptions were improved.
- General bugs and client crashes were fixed.