World of Tanks Blitz heeft zijn oorsprong in Wargaming, de maker achter World of Tanks, World of Warships, World of Warplanes, Master of Orion en Total War: Arena. Het kan gezien worden als het kleine, snelle broertje van World of Tanks, en is een free-to-play online spel waarin spelers elkaar in teams bestrijden met tanks uit de periode tussen grofweg 1925 en 1965. Het spel is gratis te spelen, maar maakt gebruik van microtransacties om zo bijvoorbeeld betere munitie of premiumvoertuigen te kunnen aanschaffen. Het spel draait op Android, iOS, Windows 10 en macOS, daarnaast is een versie via Steam beschikbaar. Versie 5.4 is uitgebracht met de volgende aankondiging:
Update 5.4 will bring interface and balance improvements, new attachments and camouflages, as well as fixes and changes you asked for! New vehicles, map, battle type with mod... oops, wrong news. You didn't see anything, okay?
Main Changes and New Features
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- The characteristics of the 121B, SU-122-54, T95E2, 59-Patton, Nameless, and Dicker Max were improved. The models of the M60, Waffenträger auf Pz. IV, IS-2 Sh, and Hafen were fixed. Read this article to find out more.
- We continue to simplify the interface. Removing currency names in the Garage (did anyone even notice this?) and relocating bonus containers were the first steps. In Update 5.4, we rearranged the buttons in the Garage to group all vehicle configuration options in one place. Of course, it will feel unusual at first, but you will forget about the old interface after only a couple of days. Here's what changed:
- The Crew and Upgrades buttons were moved down and are now located above the vehicle panel next to the Appearance button.
- The boosters button took the place of the Crew button next to the main orange button. Now you will always remember to install them before battle!
- The Record button is now located to the left of the player's nickname. It makes sense when the owner's name is displayed next to their medals.
- The ping indicator and XP multiplier timer are now located to the right of the "Battle!" button.
- There are more changes to come! Regular game updates allow us to further improve the interface and make necessary changes.
- Matchmaker rules applied in rating battles were changed:
- Now each team can have up to seven heavy or medium tanks, and up to three light tanks or tank destroyers. As before, teams have an equal number of vehicles of the same class.
- Platoons are no longer available in rating battles. This change will allow for faster matchmaking. Rating battles without platoons will become more fair: teams are matched according to their total rating, while platoons with different ratings often resulted in unbalanced teams. Besides this, cunning fellows will no longer be able to enter easier battles by taking advantage of a huge difference in rating when creating platoons.
- A new vehicle type called collector vehicles was introduced to the game.
- These vehicles can neither be found in the Tech Tree nor freely accessed. Collector vehicles can be obtained in in-game events, purchased during special offers in the Store, and received as a gift.
- Similar to the parameters of researchable vehicles, those of collector vehicles may be changed in exceptional cases.
- Vehicles that are currently available in the game can become collector vehicles in the future. For example, when a researchable tank is removed from the Tech Tree.
- Collector vehicles have a blue background in the game.
- Players will be able to sell some of them for gold.
- In Update 5.4, there are two collector vehicles: the Gravedigger and Scavenger. Stay tuned to learn more about them.
- Two Halloween-themed attachments and camouflages were introduced.
- The cost of refreshing a completed mission was reduced from 300 to 100.
- As a part of the global change of the initial game experience newcomers will fight mostly against each other rather than against experienced players.
- The game no longer supports Windows Mobile and iOS 7. The PC version of the game will still be released on Windows, and iOS 7 users will be able to continue playing after updating iOS to version 8 or later.
- Ribbons are no longer displayed on the Battle Results screen if they are disabled in the settings.
- The bug, where a ribbon was displayed upon causing damage to or hitting an enemy vehicle that had disappeared from spotting range, was fixed.
- Clan tags are now displayed in the list of tournament team members.
- Orders, stripes, and medals of the Twister season became accumulative.
- The bug, where the number of Ace Tanker mastery badges was displayed incorrectly, was fixed.
- Settings in the Other tab (e.g., the Record Replays option) are no longer reset after a re-login.
- The reload indicator is no longer displayed above a destroyed ally.
- On touch devices, the bug, where using the new Auto-aim resulted in the player tracking one vehicle with their reticle while the shell hit another, was fixed.
- The bug, where the room creator could not remove players from the training room because the respective button was not displayed, was fixed.
- The bug, where an enemy spotted at the map border was still displayed on the minimap after disappearing from spotting range, was fixed.
- The bug, where the time left until the battle end was displayed incorrectly after minimizing and maximizing the game client window, was fixed.
- The bug, where the chat and fire buttons, as well as speed were displayed over the panel with damaged modules in battle, was fixed.
- The bug, where an outline was not displayed around the vehicle that destroyed another player, was fixed.
- The bug, where repaired modules of the enemy vehicle were displayed incorrectly upon spotting it for the second time, was fixed.
- The bug, where the number of items to be combined was displayed incorrectly in the Storage, was fixed.
- On Android devices, the bug, where attachments were no longer displayed in battle upon restarting the game, was fixed.
- Players can now select a battle type after receiving vehicles of Tier V or above.
- The bug, where switching between regular and rating battles worked incorrectly when playing in a platoon, was fixed.