QNAP heeft een update voor versie 4.2 uitgebracht van de firmware die op diverse modellen van zijn nas-apparaten staat. Het eerste wat opvalt in versie 4.2 is de geheel vernieuwde interface. Daarnaast is de beveiliging verbeterd. Zo kan er nu een tweetrapsinlogprocedure worden ingesteld, via een met een app gegenereerde inlogcode. Verder kan er nu naar verschillende apparaten tegelijk media worden gestreamd en zijn er diverse verbeteringen aangebracht met betrekking tot virtualisatie en Storage Management. De complete changelog is op deze pagina te vinden. Sinds build 0119 zijn verder nog de volgende verbeteringen aangebracht:
4.2.0 build 0304 [Bug Fixes]
4.2.0 build 0130 [Bug Fixes]
- Fixed an issue where mSATA and M.2 SSDs were shown using the code name "REXP" in the System Log.
- Fixed an issue where multimedia files stored in encrypted folders would disappear after rebooting the NAS.
- Fixed an issue where the copy link action would not be available in the Android browser when right clicking (or long pressing) a shared link.
- Fixed an issue where compression settings would not be retained for an iSCSI LUN backup job after it is completed.
- Fixed an issue where the QTS UI would get stuck on "Network" on a new NAS when migrating data from another NAS that used a complicated DDNS password (containing characters such as !=.)
- Fixed an issue where an FTP server (set with SSL/TLS (Explicit)) on the NAS could not be accessed from the Internet.
- Fixed an issue where Storage Manager would fail to restore a backup image file via CIFS on a NAS without storage pools.
- Fixed an issue where the system would hang after plugging in a Zyxel NWD6605 Wi-Fi dongle.
- Fixed an issue where the "Snapshot" button in "Storage Manager" > "Storage Space" would disappear on a NAS that supports Snapshot if the hard drive was migrated from a NAS that does not support Snapshot and used a static IP.
- Fixed an issue where creating a download task by pasting a URL was not available in Download Station (click "+" > "Input URL") using Internet Explorer.
- Fixed an issue where the NAS would occasionally fail to resolve a DNS name.
- Fixed an issue where switching between different pages on a shared link would be recognized as an error event and an error log would be generated in System Logs.
- Fixed an issue where the shortcuts in Control Panel could not be dragged to the QTS Desktop as shortcut using Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed an issue where users could not add shared folders as media folders in Multimedia Management.
- Fixed an issue where the Ethernet order would be changed after updating the firmware.
- Fixed an issue where users would be unable to recover RAID status when all unplugged HDDs are plugged back into NAS.
- Fixed an issue where a TS-870 Pro is unable to detect the network interface cards: 10G2SF-MLX and LAN-40G2SF-MLX.
- Fixed an issue when writing a file that exceeds the quota size files using SAMBA protocol to a encrypted folder, QTS would fail to write the file but the quota would report that it is full.
- Fixed an issue where Kodi would display "Path not found or invalid" when entering the page of Pictures/Videos/Music > Multimedia on a TS-x71.
- Fixed an issue where the iSCSI Storage page is unable to display a tree view list after creating a iSCSI target with mapped LUN.
- Fixed an issue where HybridDesk Station is unable to set the output resolution or overscan.
- Fixed an issue where many Stations are unable to display multimedia files in a encrypted folder after rebooting the NAS.
- Fixed an issue where "Copy the link" cannot be selected in download operations when sharing files with share links using the Android browser.
- Fixed an issue where "Compression" in Backup settings would be unable to remain on the edit page when doing iSCSI Storage.