Scribus is een opensourceprogramma voor desktoppublishing. Het programma kan gebruikt worden voor het bewerken en opmaken van documenten voor onder meer drukwerk, die vervolgens als pdf of postscript-document opgeslagen kunnen worden. Voor een overzicht van de verschillende mogelijkheden verwijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars hebben versie 188.8.131.52 de deur uitgedaan, die binnen te halen is als broncode of gecompileerd voor onder andere verschillende Linux-smaken, Mac OS X en Windows. De aankondiging van deze nieuwe uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
Scribus 184.108.40.206 Released
After almost 2 years of intensive work, the Scribus Team is proud to announce the release of Scribus 1.3.5. This release is a major development version on the road to milestone 1.4, which will be based on 1.3.5.
Following many testing cycles, the Scribus Team considers this version to be fairly stable and ready for many real-world use cases. For example, the cover of the Official Scribus Manual has been created with a release candidate of 1.3.5. However, since there are still some rough edges, more cautious users may want to prefer to stick with the officially stable series 1.3.3.x, which will see its final bugfix release soon.
The Scribus Team will continue to implement new features and improvements in a new experimental branch. Once tested and confirmed as working flawlessly, they will be backported and become part of the 1.4 milestone.
In comparison to the latest developer release, Scribus 1.3.5 provides the following major changes and enhancements:
Furthermore, about 1100 feature requests and bugs, large and small, have been resolved. Detailed overviews of the changes are available here and here.
- 1.3.5 is based on Qt 4 (the minimum required to run 1.3.5 is Qt 4.5.0)
- A native OS X version, available as DMG file (Universal Binary)
- Improved menu integration with OS X
- Large parts of the canvas and text code have been rewritten
- A new frame type called Render Frames, which allows for rendering markup languages like LaTeX or POV-Ray inside Scribus
- Added import filters for the following vector formats: Adobe Illustrator, Xfig, WMF
- Added import filters for colour palettes, including allowing palette import from EPS/AI files
- Major improvements to the handling of solid colours, as well as new colour palettes
- Drag and drop improvements
- PDF 1.5 presentation effect support
- Optional embedding of PDF and EPS files
- Transform effects for items
- Path tools for shapes
- Added more additional default shapes, line patterns and arrowheads
- A new line editor for custom line styles
- A new Quick Start Guide in the Help Browser, as well as other major updates and enhancements to the online help
- Significant enhancements to existing features like the Scrapbook, the Image Manager or the Font Preview
Please note that we have branched our code repository:
Please update your notes/scripts to reflect this change.
- 1.3.5 code is available from the "Version135" branch (svn://scribus.info/Scribus/branches/Version135/).
- trunk (=experimental) is now versioned 1.5.0svn (svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk) and has already undergone many changes.
The Scribus Team still recommends that all distributions package only Scribus 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168svn. We recommend the additional packaging of 1.3.5 only if it is marked as a development version and can be installed alongside an existing Scribus 1.3.3.x (for example as scribus-ng).
An important reminder:
If you are working with 1.3.3.x and decide to implement some design features using 1.3.5, you should only work with a copy of your file, since once it is saved in 1.3.5 format, you will not be able to open it again with 1.3.3.x. Similarly, if you are working with a team, try to make sure that all team members use the same Scribus version – this will avoid many headaches and extra work.