Versie 5.13.10 van de videoconferencingsoftware Zoom is uitgekomen. Dit programma maakt het mogelijk om onder meer onlinevergaderingen, conferenties en colleges bij te wonen. Het is verkrijgbaar voor de gangbaarste besturingssystemen en is beschikbaar in een gratis en betaalde uitvoering met meer mogelijkheden. Het programma is sinds kort ook in het Nederlands te gebruiken. De changelog voor deze uitgave is hieronder te vinden.
Changes to existing features
New and enhanced features
- Breakout Rooms 100 enabled for all accounts
The maximum capacity of Breakout Rooms has been increased for all accounts, supporting up to 100 breakout rooms, with a maximum capacity of 1000 in a single breakout room or up to 1000 total among all breakout rooms (depending on account limits). This also affects the pre-assignment limits, raising them also to 100 rooms and 1000 participants. Previously, this increased Breakout Rooms capacity required Zoom enablement.
- General features
- Activity Center
Notifications for cloud recordings and transcripts, missed phone and video calls, received voicemails, SMS messages, and whiteboards will all be consolidated into the Activity Center. Users can view their notifications, mark them as unread, filter the displayed notifications, and control which activities provide a notification. This feature is dependent on a backend server update, currently scheduled for March 5, 2023.
- Zoom Network Connectivity Tool
This tool allows users to run a series of tests on their network connection, providing insights into any issues they may be experiencing. Logs can be exported to be provided to Zoom Support for more severe issues and troubleshooting, as well as the ability to run the network test on a specific server URL.
- Additional MSI/PLIST/GPO/MDM options
- Allow users to access Network Diagnostics Tool - EnableDiagnostic
Enabled by default, this policy controls the ability for the desktop client to access the Network Connectivity Tool, which allows a user to test their network connection with Zoom services.
- Set IP address for Zoom Mesh local detection - MeshMulticastIP
Set as 18.104.22.168 by default, this policy allows admins to specify a valid IP address to be a UDP multicast IP for Zoom apps to declare themselves and detect each other in their local sub-network (255.255.255.0). Admins can choose other IP addresses within the range of [22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199].
- Set network port for for Zoom Mesh nodes - MeshMulticastPort
This policy allows an admin to specify a valid port to be used as the UDP multicast port to communicate with other Zoom Mesh nodes on the network. The default port is 36699.
- Set network port range for Zoom Mesh parent-child node communication - MeshListenPortRange
This policy allows an admin to choose a valid port range that will be used to set up listen sockets for connection requests between Mesh parents and children nodes. The nodes will also use this range to send signals and media data. The default port range is 18801-19800.
- Allow external participants to connect via Zoom Mesh - EnableGuestMesh
Disabled by default, this allows external users (not on your account) to join a Webinar through the local Zoom Mesh-enabled network. Other requirements must be met, such as the device having the minimum supported client version for Mesh connections and the associated account setting in the web portal also enabled.
- Meeting/webinar features
- On-demand watermark
The host of a meeting or webinar can enable or disable the visual watermark as needed during the live session. This must be allowed by account Admins and can be controlled at the Account-, Group-, and User-level web settings. This feature must be enabled by Zoom.
- Custom watermark location
Meeting hosts can choose where the watermark will appear, helping them avoid locations that distract or obscure the presenter or presentation. This feature must be enabled by Zoom.
- Cloud recording support for sign language interpretation
Hosts can enable their cloud recordings to capture sign language interpretation as an additional video file and view option when watching the recording.
- Save my speaking language
When enabling translated captions, the user can choose to save the selection to be used for future meetings.
- Follow the host option always available
Meeting hosts will always have the option to push their view of meeting participants to others in the meeting. Previously, this was only available when a custom gallery view organization was set.
- Meeting features
- Joining a meeting with Okta authentication for end-to-end encryption (E2EE) - Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
If enabled by their admins, users can join an end-to-end encrypted meeting with identity information provided by Okta. A badge assigned to the user indicates that the information provided by Okta matches those provided by Zoom; meeting participants must review that the displayed account domain and user information are trusted identifiers.
- Whiteboard features
- Open whiteboards in multiple meetings/breakout rooms
Users can open whiteboards simultaneously in multiple meetings/breakout rooms. To see which whiteboards can be shared, whiteboard statuses such as Locked, View Only, Unable to Share, and External Collaboration Disabled will be visible in the Zoom Whiteboard dashboard.
- Host control for in-meeting whiteboards
Meeting hosts have control over who and when attendees can create new whiteboards. The host is the owner of any whiteboards created during a meeting.
- Version history for in-meeting whiteboards
Whiteboards opened or created during a meeting now include a Version History that summarizes the changes made by users. The Version History provides a list of current and previous versions, including revisions made by users such as edits, updates, deletions, and new pages. Ability to restore previous versions can be performed only by whiteboard owners.
- Custom disclaimer for whiteboard
Admins can create a custom disclaimer to let users know what is allowed and not allowed on a whiteboard before they use it. The custom disclaimer can have a maximum of 100 characters for the title and 6000 characters for the body. Admins can customize the disclaimer for internal and external collaborators, control how often the disclaimer will appear, and set the language to any of the currently supported languages.
- Team Chat features
- Personal note enhancements
Various enhancements have been made to make the personal note feature easier and more impactful to use.
- Consolidated notifications for channel member changes
When users join, leave, are added by, or removed by another user, the various chat notifications displayed in the chat channel are consolidated down when there are multiple of these notifications in a given day. This provides more visual space for chat messages, while still providing the additional information when needed.
- Zoom Mail and Calendar
- Offline mode for Mail
Users can choose to store some emails for later access when offline. Users can also compose new emails, reply, or forward emails while offline, which are automatically sent when online again.
- Dark mode support for Calendar and Mail
The Mail and Calendar tabs support displaying your inbox and calendar in the dark theme.
- Support for Japanese, Spanish, French, and German - Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
Mail and Calendar UI and settings have been localized into Japanese, Spanish, French, and German languages. Previously, only English was supported.
- Contact Center features
- Enhancement to address book search
Supervisors and agents can search address book contacts by name and number using the Zoom desktop client.
- Outbound video engagement
If configured by an admin, agents can start a video engagement with an address book contact by sending a join link using SMS or email. This feature must be enabled by Zoom.
- UI enhancements
Agents can resize the Profile and Engagement panels and collapse the right-side Profile panel. When resized, UI elements are responsive so that information is visible.
- Minor bug fixes
- Security enhancements
- Resolved an issue regarding Zoom Phone connection issues (code 701) when connected to VPN
- Resolved an issue when installing Skype plugin on devices set to the Chinese localization
- Resolved an issue regarding missing line breaks with manual captioning
- Resolved an issue regarding transferring a call to a Common Area Phone on your starred contacts list
- Resolved an issue regarding call queue names not being displayed properly in the German localization
- Resolved an issue regarding the Personal Note in Zoom Team Chat
- Resolved an accessibility issue when switching between participant views and content from a second camera
- Resolved an issue regarding Do not Disturb still allowing meeting call ringer audio
- Resolved an issue regarding duplicate caller IDs for incoming calls from a call queue
Note: The Collect external participants' emails for meetings feature has been pulled from release due to issues with deployment and will be available in another upcoming release.