Het ontwikkelteam van PHP heeft de eerste release candidate van versie 5 uitgebracht. Hier zijn veel nieuwe features en betere OOP ondersteuning aan toegevoegd. Iedereen die deze versie uit wil proberen kan gerust zijn gang gaan. De release notes van PHP 5 RC1 zien er als volgt uit:
The first Release Candidate of PHP 5 is finally here! The move from Beta stage to RC stage means that PHP 5 is now feature complete, and is quite stable - stable enough for everyone to start playing with. Note that it is still not recommended for mission-critical use.
Some of the key features of PHP 5 include:
For changes since Beta 4, please consult the ChangeLog.[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- The Zend Engine II with a new object model and dozens of new features.
- XML support has been completely redone in PHP 5, all extensions are now focused around the excellent libxml2 library.
- A new MySQL extension named MySQLi for developers using MySQL 4.1 and later. This new extension includes an object-oriented interface in addition to a traditional interface; as well as support for many of MySQL's new features, such as prepared statements.
- SQLite has been bundled with PHP.
- A brand new built-in SOAP extension for interoperability with Web Services.
- A new SimpleXML extension for easily accessing and manipulating XML as PHP objects. It can also interface with the DOM extension and vice-versa.
- Streams have been greatly improved, including the ability to access low-level socket operations on streams.
- And lots more...
PHP 5.0.0RC1 (tar.bz2) (4447KB)
PHP 5.0.0RC1 (tar.gz) (5449KB)
PHP 5.0.0RC1 zip package (7508KB)
Collection of PECL modules for PHP 5.0.0RC1 (407KB)