Ubiquiti Networks heeft een stabiele versie vrijgegeven van UniFi, met 5.6.26 als het versienummer. Dit is een netwerkmanagementcontroller waarmee een netwerkomgeving op basis van UniFi-hardware beheerd kan worden. Denk daarbij aan het inregelen van accesspoints, routers en switches om tot een optimaal dekkend, uniform netwerk te komen. Daarnaast kun je een hotspotportal opzetten en integreren met verschillende paymentproviders, zoals Authorize en PayPal. Voor gebruikerservaringen kun je zowel op Gathering of Tweakers als op het forum van Ubiquiti terecht. Een demo is op deze pagina uit te proberen. De aankondiging van versie 5.6.26 ziet er als volgt uit:
UniFi 5.6.26 Stable has been released
Introducing our latest release for UniFi wireless, routing & switching hardware. This is our latest stable release for the 5.6.x branch.
- For people who are migrating from v3, there're many changes to APIs and it's not backward compatible. You may need to update the shell library (unifi_sh_api) and/or your customized portal/external portal code.
- Windows users must have x64 Java installed to use the unifi.ubnt.com cloud tie in, as we only support 64 bit webRTC library. Please see HERE and download the missing version (64bit offline Windows install package). The controller will run in an x86 only environment, or with x86 Java, but the unifi.ubnt.com tie in will not work.
- For hotspot management console, make sure you have bookmark the URL with site ID (i.e. x66cipn3, or whatever random string is generated for that site). For example: https://unifi.yourdomain.com:8443/manage/hotspot/site/SITE_ID
- For Debian/Ubuntu users, please update your APT source (see HERE). unifi-beta/unifi-rapid are obsoleted. The old repo has been removed.
- You cannot re-use a VLAN ID for dynamic VLAN if it is set as a static value for another SSID on the same AP. So, if I have a SSID set to use VLAN 10, I cannot use VLAN ID 10 for RADIUS controlled VLAN users as those users will not get an IP.
- Cloud Access feature in this release is not supported on Linux/ARMv6 architecture (for exmaple, Raspberry Pi 1). If you have problem starting controller on this platform, please remove the native library: sudo rm /usr/lib/unifi/lib/native/Linux/armhf/libubnt_webrtc_jni.so
- Smart Queue QoS is similar to the implementation as in EdgeOS (see HERE). Please note that DPI will not work when using Smart Queue QoS, as traffic will not be offloaded. It's also worth noting that maximum throughput will be affected when using Smart Queue QoS, as traffic is not offloaded. There are some rough guidelines in the article linked above.
- DFS channels can not be used for wireless uplink in the US. Please use non-DFS channels if you need to use wireless uplink on dual band UAPs.
- Official UniFi MIBs can be downloaded from HERE and HERE (those are 2 different files).
- A full changelog has been attached, showing changes back to the first public release (1.2.1).
- As of 5.6.x we dropped support for Java 6. The minimum supported version of Java is 7, but we highly recommend version 8. At this time Java 9 is not supported.
- All APs will be reprovisioned on controller upgrade, which will cause a temporary outage for all connected users. Please make sure to do this after hours, or a time when it's okay to disconnect users for several minutes. This should not affect users upgrading from 5.3.8 or later.
- Features like airtime fairness, bandsteering, load balancing and minimum RSSI are default disabled. If you need them you need to go to Settings>Site and check Enable advanced features.
- If you previously used Google Maps for a site map, then you have to enable this feature again by adding an API key. This is done under Settings>Controller. There is a linked guide with instructions.
- Do not choose the skip option when running the Migrate Site wizard. If you do your devices may end up in a weird state.
- The initial database migration will take longer than normal. It is expected to see mongo using most, if not all, of the available CPU cycles during this process. Please be patient, this process could easily take 15+ minutes, depending on the amount of historical stats, as well as the system specs. As always, err on the side of caution, and make a backup before upgrading.
- The controller will not start if it is set to bind to a privileged port (<1024), as it now runs as a non-root user.
- If your controller is running on a UniFi Cloud Key (UCK), make sure it is on firmware 0.6.4 or later, otherwise the controller will not start. This firmware is available via the normal upgrade mechanism found in the controller or it's local management page. Make sure to make a backup before upgrading the UCK firmware, as you'll need it to restore after, and it's good to have a backup on hand before any controller upgrade.
Controller bugfixes/changes from 5.6.22:
- Manual site-to-site VPN status is not reflected on the UniFi dashboard widget. Currently it will look like it's offline, even when the tunnel is up.
- airTime will not work if a radio is disabled and/or there isn't any SSID present. This will be fixed in a future release. If you enable it, and it still isn't working, then you may need to force a refresh without cache.
- If you start both a 2.4GHz and 5GHz scan in quick succession, then it will fail.
- It is expected that airView will stop occasionally. A stop/start sequence should restore functionality.
- If you start an airTime scan while airView is running, then airView will stop and you'll need to perform a stop/start sequence to get it working again. This will be fixed in the future.
Firmware changes since 3.9.3/4.4.8:
- Fix WLAN VLAN range.
- Fix lost DPI translations.
- Add a tooltip to OpenVPN shared key UI.
- Allow to open debug terminal and airTime/airView in the same time.
- Improved UI of Cloud Access Settings page.
- Fix cloud access GUI pages for multiple super admins.
- Fix case when Calendar dropdown is cut off on small screens.
- Fix displaying Location alias on Neighboring Access Points page.
- Fix empty tabs in property panel after adopting device in Managed by Other state.
- Fix no DPI data for some time in users tab in traffic stats.
- Fix remembering rows per page on Insights pages.
- Fix selecting default Echo Server in the USG Advanced Settings.
- Fix wifi icon on OS X High Sierra (Chrome & Firefox).
- Setting RF Scanning state just after scan is started.
- Add elite device events to notifications settings.
- Display Default Expiration Time field for Hotspot and Facebook WiFi.
- Disable HTTPS redirection for Facebook, Facebook WiFi and Google.
- Fix missing DPI users (name & icon).
- Add workaround for Cloud Key firmware upgrade issue, for devices on firmware 0.8.1 to 0.8.4 (reported HERE). This workaround is for the in controller UCK firmware upgrade process.
- Various backend changes and improvements.
*Controller support either varies or is pending (only found in 5.7.x+).
- [USW] Add SNMPv3 support.*
- [USW] Add priority queue support.
- [USW] Mostly fix a bug which causes a switch to stop passing traffic every provision.**
- [USL2] Improve fan levels.
- [USXG] Fix an issue with SFP speed autodetection.
- [USXG] Improve handling of IPv6 frames.
- [USXG] Fix an issue with RJ45 SFP speed detection.
- [USXG] Improve SFP+ DAC compatibility.
- [USG] Fix crash in "mcad" where there were DHCP leases with hardware addresses longer than an actual MAC address.
- [USG] Includes more packages with debug symbols available to help diagnose crashes from submitted core files.
- [USG] Fix crash in ubnt-util.
- [USG] Fix crash in "redirector".
- [USG] Added GeoIP back end.
- [USG] Fix DHCPv6 client problem causing renewal failures in some circumstances.
- [USG] Dynamic DNS back end updates in preparation for expanding DDNS support in controller.
- [USG] L2TP VPN permitted encryption algorithms tightened to remove weak ciphers. All reasonably modern clients are already using a strong option, so there will be no change in behavior. Some ancient clients may not support any of these options.
- [USG] UniFi reporting back end additions for IPv6.
- [USGXG] Several display-related fixes and improvements.
- [USGXG] Fan control improvement for noise reduction at low fan speeds.
- [HW] Add IPv6 management support.*
- [HW] Improve event notification on device upgrade.
- [SEC] Fix CVE-2017-14106.
**This provisioning bug affects all prior versions of 3.9.x. This fixes most known issues, although we are still investigating another possible case. If you experience issues, please revert to 3.8.6 as that's the last known best firmware for UniFi Switch (all models).