Er is een nieuwe bètarelease van Rainmeter versie 4.0 uitgekomen. Met dit programma kan in realtime allerlei zinvolle, maar ook minder zinnige informatie op de desktop worden weergegeven, zoals vrije ruimte op de harde schijf, netwerkactiviteit en of er nieuwe e-mail is. Ook kunnen functionele applets worden gebruikt om bijvoorbeeld notities te maken of om tweets mee te versturen. In versie 4.0 is onder meer de ondersteuning voor Windows XP en Vista komen te vervallen. Verder zullen om de prestaties en beveiliging te bevorderen de meeste externe plugins worden vervangen door interne varianten, genaamd measures. De changelog sinds revisie 2690 is hieronder te vinden.
The following are the changes for the 4.0 beta version of Rainmeter. You can safely install the new 4.0 beta version right over top of your existing Rainmeter 3.3 or earlier installation, and nothing you have done will be lost or changed. There is never any need to uninstall any earlier version of Rainmeter to use the newest version.
Important change to Rainmeter 4.0
Due to future application improvements we intend, which will require the latest version of the Direct2D / DirectWrite graphical engines:
As of Rainmeter 4.0, Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported by the application.
Rainmeter 4.0 requires at least Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 and the Platform Update applied. These should have been automatically applied several years ago by Windows Update, but if you have Windows Update turned off you may need to get and apply these updates manually. Windows versions later than Windows 7 are fully supported.
If you are on Windows XP or Windows Vista, and can't or don't wish to upgrade, you will need to stay on the 3.3 Release version of Rainmeter.
Changes in Rainmeter beta 4.0
For some stability and performance reasons, we are in the process of changing most or all of the plugins that are distributed with the Rainmeter installation from being external "plugins" to being internal "measures". At this time, there is no need to change anything in your skin code, but do be aware that discrete .dll files for these plugins will no longer exist in your Rainmeter Plugins folder. As of this writing, the following plugins have been turned into measures:
- Added InputText plugin: Added InputLimit (default 0) option to limit the number of characters input.
- Added InputText plugin: Added InputNumber (default 0) option to force numeric-only input.
- Added Manage: Add a Create new skin button to the top of the skins list. This will create a new root-level config / skin using a skin template you can edit. The new skin will be selected in Manage and opened in your text editor.
- Fixed Shape meter: Corrected an issue where using TransformationMatrix on a Shape meter would cause incorrect mouse detection.
- Added Shape meter: Added new Path shape to the Shape Meter.See the documentation at: Shape Meter.
- Changed Shape meter: All measurements in "pixels" in the definition of shapes are now Device Independent Pixels, and may be fractional (i.e 10.25 or 0.75) for precision.
- Changed Shape meter: Anchor points in the Scale and Skew transform modifiers now default to the center of the shape, rather than the top-left.