Versie 1.1.3 van Plex Media Server is uitgekomen. Plex Media Server is een mediaserver voor Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, macOS en diverse nas-apparaten. De software kan content serveren aan clients op dezelfde machine, binnen het lokale netwerk of via internet. Clientsoftware is beschikbaar voor de eerder genoemde besturingssystemen, maar content kan ook worden bekeken op bijvoorbeeld iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Google TV en Chromecast. Voor die laatste is echter wel extra software nodig om de stream op de Chromecast te krijgen.
Het programma bevat een eigen softwarewinkel waar plug-ins kunnen worden uitgewisseld. Via deze plug-ins kan bijvoorbeeld content van diverse streamingdiensten worden bekeken. Daarnaast is er PlexPass, een betaalde dienst die eerder toegang tot nieuwe versies geeft, naast korting op 'Premium features'. Sinds versie 1.0.3 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
Plex Media Server 1.1.3 for everyone.IMPORTANT: With the security changes in version 1.1.0, if your Plex Media Server is signed in to a plex.tv account, then all of the apps you use must also be signed-in. If you use older apps that cannot authenticate (e.g. LG's MediaLink app), you can add the IP address of the device to the following advanced preference: Settings > Server > Network > List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth. (We strongly encourage apps to be signed in for improved security and enhanced functionality.)
- (Media Flags) Update bundle.
- (NAS) Non-ASCII characters were being encoded to XML incorrectly on certain ARM devices. (#5255)
- (Android) Enforce h264 profile limitations correctly. (#5233)
Plex Media Server 1.1.2 for Plex Pass members.Fixes:
- (Security) Devices authorized with the "networks allowed without auth" preference were unable to render images and play media when the server was signed in.
- (OS X) Fix issue with automatic updates. (Upgrades from 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 will require manual installation.)
Plex Media Server 1.1.1 for Plex Pass members.New:
- (Web) Updated Plex Web to 2.7.10
- (Security) "Networks allowed without auth" preference now also works when server is signed in.
- (Security) "Networks allowed without auth" preference can be used with IP addresses, as well as netmask filters.
- (Network) Browsers denied access to the server's root path are now redirected to Plex Web. (#5100)
- (Subtitles) Subtitle auto selection didn't quite match the specification. (#4565)
- (Relay) Issues starting relay on certain NAS devices. (#5126)
- (Metadata) Show theme music wasn't downloaded when using third party TVDB DVD order agent. (#5159)
- (Metadata) Occasional issues getting metadata from TVDB. (#5199)
- (Shows) Fixed viewing seasons with the unwatched filter enabled on older and third party clients. (#5182)
- (Thumbnails) Failures running scheduled task for thumbnail generation. (#5195)
- (Extras) Cloud trailers might not be downloaded on startup on faster systems. (#5188)
- (Channels) Only offer iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture channel preferences on supported platforms. (#5157)
- (Windows) Disable iTunes channel by default. (#5157)
- (Windows) Issues loading Plex Web on IE11 (#5181)
- (OS X) Fix auto-update not working in some cases. (#5212)
- (Now Playing) Issues with play queues containing mixed photos and videos. (#5164)
- Some rare server crashes. (#4951)
Plex Media Server 1.1.0 for Plex Pass members.New:
- Support videos in photo libraries. (#3928)
- Support uploading videos to photo libraries. (Android support is available now and other mobile apps are coming soon.) (#3522)
- (Web) Updated Plex Web to 2.7.8.
- (Security) When server is signed in, clients must be signed in as well, even if they are on the LAN or on localhost. (#3819)
- (Preferences) New pref to enable/disable deep media analysis.
- (Windows) Updating the server from Plex Web no longer requires user intervention. (#4136)
- (Sync) Items present in multiple synced playlists would only appear in the first synced playlist. (#4967)
- (Media Optimizer) Unexpected behavior when version jobs overlap to include the same videos. (#4840)
- (Media Optimizer) Reprocess item when original processing decided a media item was compatible, but the media item was deleted. (#4840)
- (Transcoder) Playback failures with pcm_dvd audio. (#4980)
- (Transcoder) Use faster AAC encoder on slower NAS systems. (#5058)
- (Media Analysis) Scanner hangs with early AAC files from iTunes. (#5041)
- (Media Analysis) Detect DTS-HD MA audio streams again. (#4766)
- (Media Analysis) Improve performance of deep media analysis. (#5068)
- (Media Analysis) Issues generating video preview thumbnails for certain HEVC videos on windows. (#5139)
- (Butler) Long-running Butler tasks could starve others from executing (#4873)
- (Chapters) Chapter thumbnail generation could fail repeatedly with invalid media. (#5043)
- (Metadata) Improve TVDB agent performance by not using TMDb information. (#5110)
- (Metadata) Changing title could overwrite sort title. (#3971)
- (Metadata) Fall back to release dates from TMDB when IMDB has no data. (#4978)
- (Metadata) Fall back to English-language fields when metadata is unavailable in desired language. (#5015)
- (Metadata) Show durations in minutes could be incorrectly interpreted as milliseconds (#5012)
- (Metadata) Handle empty movie release dates from TMDb. (#5096)
- (Photos) Photos might play back in wrong order. (#5035)
- (Windows) Install Media Feature Pack on Windows Anniversary Update N and KN (#5064)
- (Windows) Plex Relay process wasn't starting up in some configurations. (#5118)
- (OS X) Plex Relay executable wasn't correctly signed.
- (OS X) Occasional crashes on some older versions of MacOS. (#5028)
- (Android) Improve H.264 limitations in profile. (#4930)
- (iOS) 'Go to Show' from episode context menu wasn't working. (#4811)
- (Xbox One) Improve reliability when proxying Plex Companion commands. (#4002)
- Improve localization of certain error messages. (#4587)