Er is een nieuwe bètarelease van Rainmeter versie 4.0 uitgekomen. Met dit programma kan in realtime allerlei zinvolle, maar ook minder zinnige informatie op de desktop worden weergegeven, zoals vrije ruimte op de harde schijf, netwerkactiviteit en of er nieuwe e-mail is. Ook kunnen functionele applets worden gebruikt om bijvoorbeeld notities te maken of om tweets mee te versturen. In versie 4.0 is onder meer de ondersteuning voor Windows XP en Vista komen te vervallen. Verder zullen om de prestaties en beveiliging te bevorderen de meeste externe plugins worden vervangen door interne varianten, genaamd measures.
The following are the changes for the 4.0 beta version of Rainmeter. You can safely install the new 4.0 beta version right over top of your existing Rainmeter 3.3 or earlier installation, and nothing you have done will be lost or changed. There is never any need to uninstall any earlier version of Rainmeter to use the newest version.
Important change to Rainmeter 4.0
Due to future application improvements we intend, which will require the latest version of the Direct2D / DirectWrite graphical engines:
As of Rainmeter 4.0, Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported by the application.
Rainmeter 4.0 requires at least Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 and the Platform Update applied. These should have been automatically applied several years ago by Windows Update, but if you have Windows Update turned off you may need to get and apply these updates manually. Windows versions later than Windows 7 are fully supported.
If you are on Windows XP or Windows Vista, and can't or don't wish to upgrade, you will need to stay on the 3.3 Release version of Rainmeter.
Changes in Rainmeter beta 4.0
For some stability and performance reasons, we are in the process of changing most or all of the plugins that are distributed with the Rainmeter installation from being external "plugins" to being internal "measures". At this time, there is no need to change anything in your skin code, but do be aware that discrete .dll files for these plugins will no longer exist in your Rainmeter Plugins folder. As of this writing, the following plugins have been turned into measures:
- Fixed Corrected a rare issue where skins might be loaded with only partial opacity when Windows is first started.
- Changed The Rainmeter notification area icon is forced to be visible any time there are no skins loaded in Rainmeter. This will temporarily override any setting for "Show notification area icon" in Manage. This change is to eliminate the possibility that a user could turn off the tray icon and then unload all skins, thus no longer having any way to interact with Rainmeter.
- Changed Language: Updates to Russian language.
- Fixed Corrected an issue with the Insider Preview builds of Windows 10 that would not display the Rainmeter Notification Area / System Tray icon.
- Fixed String case: Corrected an issue with non-English characters in the string case functionality of both StringCase and InlineSetting=Case in String meters.
- Added String meter: Added Case InlineSetting type to String meter Inline options. This will allow you to set the string case to one of
Sentencefor all or part of the displayed text.