De Blender Foundation heeft de tweede bètarelease uit de 2.5-serie uitgebracht van het opensource en crossplatform 3d-programma Blender. De applicatie is bedoeld voor 3d-modeling, animatie, rendering, post-production, interactive creation en playback. Meer informatie over de uitgebreide mogelijkheden van Blender kunnen op deze pagina worden gevonden. Met dit programma zijn onder meer de opensource animatiefilms Elephants Dream, Big Buck Bunny en de binnenkort te verschijnen Sintel gemaakt. De release notes voor versie 2.54 bèta zijn hieronder voor je neergezet.
Blender 2.54 Beta
The Blender Foundation and online developer community is proud to present Blender 2.54 Beta. This release is the second official beta release of the Blender 2.5 series, representing the culmination of many years of redesign and development work.
This version is called a "Beta" because it's now for the most part feature complete. The Python API has had some extensive changes, most notably in naming conventions and in creation and access of properties.
IMPORTANT: Between 2.53 and 2.54 an extensive renaming operation has changed the scripting API a lot, with repercussions also for loading 2.53 .blends with animation into 2.54. Make sure you try the FCurve/Driver 2.54 fix entry from the Help menu.
What to Expect
- Big improvements - This software has been used extensively in production of the Durian open movie project "Sintel".
- Feature complete - Although some of the 2.5 targets have been postponed, such as multi-window support showing multiple scenes, a full RNA data level dependency graph, or radial menus.
- Exciting improvements in Sculpting - Faster, much more stable and better brushes.
- Missing/Incomplete Features - Although really most of it is there, not all functionality from 2.4x has been restored yet. Some functionality may work in a different way. Some features are still slower to use than before.
- Bugs - We've fixed a lot lately, but there are still quite a few bugs. For this second beta around 200 bugs were fixed.
- Changes - If you're used to the old Blenders, Blender 2.5 may seem quite different at first. Be prepared to read a bit about this, how to reconfigure things, and learn to use the new built-in 2.5 search functionality!
Blender screenshot, klik op de afbeelding voor een grotere versie.