Usenet Explorer is gisteren door Alex Birj voorzien van een update naar versie 1.6. Met dit dit programma kunnen bestanden van Usenet worden gedownload. Er is ondersteuning voor meerdere servers en threads, nzb-bestanden, virtuele groepen en uitgebreide filtermogelijkheden. Hieronder zijn alle veranderingen te vinden die het programma heeft ondergaan sinds de vorige vermelding in de meuktracker:
Changes in version 1.6
Changes in version 1.5.6
- this release finally closes the chapter which covered exhaustive and dedicated work on code integrity exploiting the solid fundamentals on which the code is built upon and boosting the program reliability several times while being the most reliable newsreader even before the work started with v1.3.1
Changes in version 1.5.5
- fixed a problem when a certain rare message-id which although didn't appear in the indexed newsgroups since it didn't affect the server could cause a crash
Changes in version 1.5.4
- fixed an issue with purging single headers belonging to a collection in views with collections off
- few such headers could become undeletable at least as long as the newsgroup remained loaded
- fixed a problem with deleting/purging from inside opened separatedly in the frame article views
- added warning when disabling servers regarding article queue behaviour
Changes in version 1.5.3
- delete/purge options invoked with shift+del and ctrl+del respectively will depend on whether it is threaded (delete/purge headers&threads) or non-threaded (delete/purge headers) view, thus not causing users in binary groups with threads off to think about threads of replies
- that some other entries than those selected may be deleted. it is also reflected in the newsgroup view context menus.
- added option "properties->general->retention->let all incoming headers through" checked by default so even if retention in properties->newsgroups is set to, say, 35 days and the server has 60 days retention the program (given "headers per server" is sufficiently large) will initially show all headers but when you load the newsgroup in the next time the retention will be applied, it will resolve the problem with malfunctioning servers by avoiding the reducing retention range step and although slower the option will eliminate any waiting before headers start showing up by allowing in headers beyond the retention range as well.
- clicking newsgroup view scrolled to the right when the header list is wider than the window now will change focused etc.
- "423 No such article number" is also taken into account like "430 No such article" for invoking 'Ignore "No such article" errors'.
- fixed a rare problem with non-threaded newsgroup view mode which could lead to duplicate entries in such views.
Changes in version 1.5.2
- properties->articles->saving attachments, the 'Ignore "No such article" errors' option is now working always (beforehand it was only engaged when the last downloaded part gave the error). if you prefer it to be checked so attachments will be saved but you don't want to delete incomplete bodies in case par2 recovery fails so you'll be looking for more parts
- uncheck "delete incomplete bodies" in the same option area.
- quick filter in the apply mode is now colored in soft green color when active
- renaming import group will rename it in the search service bar as well
- fixed a gui library problem so now any freshly opened service view will react right away when user changes selection in a search service dialog bar combo box.
- very high reliability level had been achieved in v1.5.2 as a part of gradual process, it will be now the reference level to be maintained (eventual maintaining of the maximal achieved reliability level is a rule).
- some other changes to organize things better as there is a little more time for that.
Changes in version 1.5.1
- task manager article tasks queued column has now header icon reflecting how the article queue is sorted plus added option to change queue "sorted by" from the context menu; escape key will cancel article tasks/clear items in the error pane.
- in compact binary groups after group reloading incomplete partial line/size columns were zeros and were only shown right after marking them for download.
- fixed wrong determining scroll position after operations on the newsgroup view close to the end of the list introduced by adding a hack to reduce flashing in the previous version.
- fixed a bug which could be rarely triggered by asymmetrically crossposted parts.
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- tabs in the workspace and search view can be closed by doubleclicking
- reduced flashing with windows themes enabled on opening/switching tabs (then windows tries to play a kind of must go animation) to look better with Windows visual themes enabled.
- WinVista backwards beta compatibility in case someone is running an older beta (actually handling a bug they fixed later).
- added delete bodies option in the task manager article errors pane and few other task manager article panes options which make sense
- changed some default settings for new installs (you may change them manually for existing databases):
- settings backup (properties->general) checked.
- windows visual themes (view menu) checked
- for new installs views are maximized right away
- the UE project now is fully 64 bit compatible (so it can be compiled natively for x64 Windows systems) although since that won't bring any tangible advantages currently there is no need in such a release.
- fixed a theoretical bug when certain message-id could crash the program although in practice it didn't occur since it would also crash the indexing server as well which wasn't the case.
- fixed a bug with cross-posted replies in collections with threads enabled.
Usenet Explorer 1.6, vijftien dagen probeerversie
Usenet Explorer 1.6, voor geregistreerde gebruikers[break]