- 3.34 megapixels (3.24 effectief)
- 12x zoom (optische en digitale zoom gecombineerd)
- 1.8" kleuren LCD scherm (521 x 218 pixels)
- USB aansluiting
- Ondersteuning voor CompactFlash (tot 300MB) en IBM Microdrive (tot 1GB)
- Opslaan als JPEG of Canon RAW formaat
- Tot 30 seconden video met geluid opnemen
- BP-511 accu voor ongeveer 260 kiekjes, of 160 minuten plaatjes kijken
Thanks to the dedicated digital signal processing IC the images are captured at high speed without losing any detail. In single frame mode the G1 can capture Large/Fine mode images in less than two seconds. The autofocus and exposure is set within 0.7 seconds of pressing the shutter button and the image is captured within 0.07 seconds of pushing the shutter button all the way down from the halfway point. In continuous mode the G1 captures up to 10 Large/Fine JPEGs at a rate of 1.7fps with the LCD and flash off. Users can switch between record and playback modes in an instant, the lens remains extended unless you put it in the Off position for more than 0.8 seconds.
Exposure options abound with full AUTO mode or Program AE, shutter speed priority, aperture priority and full Manual or choose one of the Image Zone pre-programmed modes. ISO sensitivity is adjustable between 50, 100, 200, 400 or automatic. White balance can be automatic, one of five presets or manually customized. The focus can be automatic or manual. Auto exposure bracketing (AEB) captures three exposures, taken with a single shutter release, at stops over and under the targeted exposure. For that perfect exposure under not-so-perfect conditions you can switch to spot metering. A special noise reduction feature virtually eliminates digital "noise" for exposures of 1.3 seconds or longer.