SiS heeft een press release losgelaten over hun nieuwe single chip Athlon chipset met ge´ntegreerde 128-bit 3D graphics accelerator. De SiS730S heeft verder ondersteuning voor ATA100, 100Mbit ethernet, Home PNA en PC133 SDRAM. Verwacht wordt dat de eerste plankjes met deze chipset ergens in augustus gereleased worden.
Taipei, Taiwan, June 1, 2000 - SiS, a leading core logic and graphics supplier, today announced the SiS730S, the industry's first highly integrated single chip for AMD platform PCs with extensive features targeted at high performance PC market segment. With the introduction of SiS730S, SiS continues to extend its integration portfolio and strengthen its leadership in the market.
Built on the successful SiS630, the SiS730S integrates the north bridge chip, the south bridge chip, and an enhanced 128-bit 3D graphics accelerator (SiS300) into a single chip. It delivers high quality data transferring capabilities including 56K Modem, Fast Ethernet, 1/10Mb Home PNA and IDE ATA100. It provides hardware DVD playback, flexible dual view display and 3D positional audio. With PC133 SDRAM support, the SiS730S delivers the memory bandwidth necessary to obtain ultimate system level performance. In addition, a stand-alone AGP 4x slot is specially designed for upgrades to easily accommodate future advances. Being a single chip solution, the SiS730S allows smaller logic board design with full functional capabilities.
The SiS730S consists of the following key features:
- Support all AMD AthlonÖ SlotA / SocketA processors synchronous and asynchronous front side bus frequency
- Support PC133, 3 DIMM slots and up to 1.5 GB main memory
- Stand alone AGP 4x graphic card slot
- ATA100 IDE
- Support 6 OpenHCI USB ports
- Built-in 128 bit 2D/3D graphic chip with SFB(Shared Frame Buffer) architecture and display memory size up to 64MB with 1920*1200 resolution supported
- Flexible dual view application such as TV-Out, digital flat panel and secondary CRT with the SiS301 chip
- Support 3D VR (Virtual Reality) with 3D stereoscopic glasses
- Built-in H/W DVD accelerator engine
- Built-in 3D positional audio
- Flexible connectivity including 56K Modem, 10/100 Mb Fast Ethernet, and 1/10Mb Home PNA
- Microsoft PC99A, ACPI compliant
All major OEMs and motheroard makers are expecting to introduce SiS730S-based solutions in Q3 2000.