TransGaming Technologies heeft eergisteren versie 4.2 van Cedega uitgebracht. Dit is eigen implementatie van Microsoft's Win32 Application Programming Interfaces (API) voor het Linux-platform, waarmee het mogelijk is om Windows-spellen op diverse Linux-distributies te spelen. In deze nieuwe versie worden nieuwe games ondersteund, zoals Half-Life 2 en World of Warcraft, en zijn de nodige verbeteringen toegevoegd. De volledige release notes staan hieronder:
Cedega 4.2 supports Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half- Life 2: Deathmatch and World of Warcraft. Included is support for non-power of two textures and a number of other graphical improvements. Also provided is a new package which integrates the Mozilla ActiveX Control with Cedega to provide in-game HTML rendering for titles such as Steam, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes and EverQuest.
- TransGamers can now enjoy playing Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Counter-Strike: Source and World of Warcraft.
- A custom win32 version of Mozilla can be installed and shared between games to provide HTML rendering. This allows EULAs to be displayed for titles such as City of Heroes and Star Wars Galaxies, as well as HTML content to be visible for Steam, EverQuest and others.
- Non-power of two (NPOT) textures are now supported on NVIDIA FX, ATI Radeon 9500, and better graphics cards. This will allow full screen movies for games such as Far Cry and Hitman: Contracts.
- Improved VAR memory allocation algorithm.
- A number of graphical corruption issues have been resolved with the experimental VBO option. This will be of benefit to ATI users.
- Improvements have been made to help support DVD based copy protection.
- A number of potential crashes have been resolved and a number of graphics flaws have been eliminated.
- The IP Helper API DLL, iphlpapi.dll, contributed by Juan Lang, and a stub version of the RichEdit DLL, riched20.dll, have been included.