Fortnite is een 'co-op survival sandbox game' van ontwikkelstudio Epic Games. De grafische stijl is cartoony en doet denken aan de stijl van games als Team Fortress. Dat legt automatisch de nadruk op spelplezier. Er zijn twee modi in het spel: de door een verhaal gedreven modus 'Save the World', waarvoor momenteel nog betaald moet worden, en de gratis 'Battle Royale'-modus, waarin je het opneemt tegen andere spelers. Het spel kan gespeeld worden op Windows, macOS, de Xbox One, de PlayStation 4, de Nintendo Switch en smartphones. Voor meer informatie verwijzen we naar onze beknopte review. De ontwikkelaars hebben Fortnite 6.30 uitgebracht, met de volgende aankondiging:
V6.30 PATCH NOTES - FOOD FIGHT!
Make a mess in a new Limited Time Mode and defend your structure with the Mounted Turret! Save the World gets a makeover with a full updated Skill Tree!
Mounted Turret (Battle Royale)
Hooooooold! Strap into the new Mounted Turret and keep your enemies at bay. Remember not to shoot for too long or you’ll overheat.
Food Fight LTM (Battle Royale)
1 wall, 2 entrees, the Food Fight has begun! Build your base, wait for the barrier to drop, and battle it out in this new Limited Time Mode. Claim your preferred team on our social channels. #TeamBurger #TeamPizza
Front End improvements (Save the World)
Lots of improvements have been made to the UI and functionality to improve your experience. Let us know what you think of this revamp on our social channels! Find out even more about all of these changes in our blog.
Last Word Revolver (Save the World)
Fire from the hip to shoot with speed or aim down sights for improved accuracy with this brand new six-shooter.
- Optimized particle effects processing, including fixes for non-visible systems.
- The Sprint by Default setting will be enabled by default for all new players.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed push-to-talk getting interrupted when entering or leaving a menu.
- Fixed selecting Voice Chat input and output devices in the options menu when there is more than one non-default input or output device.
- Fixed an issue where weapons could have the wrong textures applied.
- Improved the speed of gathering information when submitting feedback in-game.
- Push-to-talk now works in the menu when bound to mouse buttons other than left and right click.
The Social team got distracted by a butterfly. Here are some things we forgot to mention from previous patches.
- Improved the sorting order and separation of party invite and friend actions.
- The chat window will automatically switch to the Team or Party chat whenever joining a team or party. Restored system messages when party and team members join.
- Increased the expanded and minimized size of the chat window.
- Chat scrollbar is no longer visible when chat is minimized.
- Whispers received while Party or Team chat is open will now appear in-line in the current window.
- Getting kicked from a party will no longer forcibly remove the player from the current match or zone.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where invites sent to PS4 friends who are not also Epic Friends would work unreliably if that friend came online after you started the game.
- Fixed issue where banners were too small or incorrect in certain areas of the UI.
- Fixed an issue where chat text would not appear when playing in a game unless the chat window was hovered on or opened/closed.
- Fixed an issue where your console friends that were not Epic friends were displaying their Epic name in your friend's list.
- Fixed issue where play-with-friends challenges weren’t properly awarding progress.
- Battle Royale cosmetics should no longer appear on Save the World heroes.
- Removed the combined chat channel (named “All”), it wasn’t as useful as we had hoped and was being confused for the Global chat channel.
- Friends playing the same game mode as you will now appear at the top of the Friends list.
- Re-added Battle Royale hologram visuals for people who are actively in-match.
- Text describing players remaining and time-in-match will be restored soon.
- Fixed an issue that could result in “ghost” party members after a Save the World match.
- Fixed an issue that would allow a Battle Royale hero to appear in the Save the World lobby.
Save the World