Veeam heeft enkele dagen geleden de tweede update voor het Backup & Replication 9.0-pakket uitgebracht. Met Backup & Replication kun je op een makkelijke manier back-ups van een VMware vSphere of een Microsoft Hyper-V omgeving instellen, inclusief optimalisaties voor applicaties die draaien op het virtuele platform. In de 'enterprise plus'-uitgave kan ook direct samengewerkt worden met storage-snapshots van EMC, HPE en NetApp. De lijst met veranderingen van deze uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
Release Notes for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0 Update 2
As a result of on-going R&D effort and in response to customer feedback, Update 2 includes over 300 enhancements and bug fixes, the most significant of which are listed below:
New platform support
- Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series support for Direct NFS backup mode.
- EMC Unity support for Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots functionality.
- EMC Data Domain DD OS 5.7 support for DD Boost integration.
- ExaGrid 126.96.36.1991.P28 is now the minimal ExaGrid firmware version supported.
- NetApp Data ONTAP 8.3.2 support.
- VMware vCloud Director 8.10 support.
- VMware VSAN 6.2 support.
- Backported a number of isolated Enterprise Scalability enhancements from 9.5 code branch to improve transaction log backup, tape backup and user interface performance.
- Updated OpenSSH client to version 7.2 to enable out of the box support for modern Linux distributions.
- Improved iSCSI target performance (iSCSI target is used to mount backup remotely in certain file-level and item-level recovery scenarios).
- iSCSI mount operations are now retried automatically to workaround occasion “The device is not ready” errors which happen when mount operation takes too long. By default, the mount is retried 6 times every 10 seconds. To change the number of retries, create IscsiMountFsCheckRetriesCount (DWORD) registry value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication key on the backup server.
- To reduce backup server load, Backup Copy jobs targeting shared folder or deduplicating appliance backed repositories with the gateway server setting set to Automatic selection will now start the data mover on the mount server associated with the backup repository (as opposed to the backup server). In cases when the mount server is unavailable, the data mover will be started on the backup server as before.
- Backup Copy performance should now be more consistent due to preserving backup files cache when the job is switching to idle mode.
- Minor reliability improvements in GFS full backup creation algorithm.
Microsoft SQL Server
- Find-VBRHvEntity cmdlet performance has been improved significantly when used against Hyper-V cluster.
- Backup infrastructure resource scheduler should schedule Guest Interaction Proxy resource dramatically faster in large infrastructures (for example, 5 seconds instead of 15 minutes).
- Improved performance and reduced resource consumption of Microsoft SQL Server transaction log backups.
- Added ability to force CAS server for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange (instead of automatically detecting one) via DefaultCASServer (DWORD) registry value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication key on the backup server.
- Added ability to change the order of Exchange autodiscovery policies for Veeam Explorer for Exchange (support only setting).
Cloud Connect Replication
- Added ability to restore Oracle databases while preserving certain parameters which are critical to RMAN in scenarios such as database name change via new parameter in PFileParameters.xml file of Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
Veeam Cloud & Service Provider Partners
- Support for Planned Failover functionality with cloud replicas. You can now perform planned failover to achieve zero data loss, for example when a natural disaster can be predicted in advance.
- Update 2 introduces important changes and fixes around rental licensing, including a pilot functionality of usage reporting directly from the user interface. For additional information, as well as the list of other service provider specific enhancements and bug fixes included in this update, please refer to the issue tracking topic in the private VCSP forum. If you are VCSP but don't have access, please apply to Cloud & Service Providers group using Veeam forum's User Control Panel.