Versie 9.7 van MailStore Home is uitgekomen, als opvolger van versie 8.3. Met dit programma, dat gratis is voor thuisgebruik, kan een back-up worden gemaakt van alle e-mails. Ondersteuning is aanwezig voor pop3- en imap-accounts, de Microsoft-programma's Outlook Express tot en met Outlook 2016, Mozilla Thunderbird, accounts op Exchange, Kerio Connect en MDaemon, onlineaccounts zoals Gmail en mailbox-bestanden, die bijvoorbeeld door Eudora worden gebruikt. Omdat de ontwikkeling van MailStore Home na lange tijd weer is opgepakt, is de lijst met veranderingen lang. De belangrijkste zijn hieronder voor je op een rijtje gezet.
- Due to the reintegration of MailStore Home into the main development branch, several hundred improvements and bug fixes since MailStore Server 9.0 have automatically been applied to MailStore Home. These are not listed separately in this changelog.
- This version requires .NET Framework 4.5.1. For the new system requirements, operating systems in particular, please refer to the "Installation" article of the MailStore Home manual.
- Due to changes in the area of indexing email attachment contents, the search index settings should be opened and confirmed after the update, in order to let MailStore Home identify potentially missing IFilters.
- Since this version of MailStore Home a PDF IFilter is required to index the content of PDF attachments. Information about installing missing IFilters can be found in the "Administrative Tools" section of the MailStore Home manual.
- This version contains a new Gmail profile, that provides additional functionality such as support for deleting emails from the Gmail mailbox. Please notice, that it does not support any other folders than "All Mail" and "Sent Items". This new behavior anticipates scenarios which have been recognized as confusing by users and that where caused by the interaction of Gmail labels, IMAP folders and MailStore's single instance store. Existing Google Mail profiles can still be modified and executed, but no new ones can be created.
- New Gmail archiving profile with OAuth support and the option to automatically remove messages from the mailbox. Please refer to the update notices for further details if you are using the Google Mail archiving profile.
- Limitation removed: Archiving PST files directly is now possible.
- Archiving: The performance when archiving Microsoft Exchange 2007 or higher EWS-based mailboxes with a high number of already archived messages has been significantly improved thanks to a new Firebird-based MAPI property cache with an also new folder contents sync module.
- Improved Archiving: The performance when archiving IMAP-based mailboxes with a high number of already archived messages has been significantly improved thanks to a new Firebird-based property cache with an also new folder contents sync module.
- Improved New modern design of the dashboard.
- Improved Simplified configuration for indexing email attachment content of supported file types. Additionally, a message on the dashboard notifies the admin about a missing configuration of indexing.
- Improved A data integrity check can now be started from the user interface. This was only available through the command line in previous versions.
- Improved Changing language, selecting the archive directory, and starting the application in debug mode now possible through new configuration program.
- Improved Improved translations.
- Integrated backup function has been removed.
- Changed AVM Ken! archiving profile has been removed.