Netgear heeft een nieuwe versie uitgebracht van ReadyNAS OS 6. Deze software draait op de diverse nas-apparaten van Netgear, namelijk de met een ARM-processor uitgeruste RN102, RN104 en RN2120, en de RN312, RN314, RN316, RN516, RN716x, RN3220 en RN4220, die een x86-processor aan boord hebben. De changelog voor deze release laat de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen zien:
Enhancements & Bug Fixes in version 6.21:
Enhancements & Bug Fixes in version 6.20:
- Fixes improper rejection of FQDNs in the backup job Host field.
- Fixes home shares not being visible on ReadyCloud client.
- Fixes ADS account imports on domains where an object has changed types.
- Cloud users will now use default TimeMachine settings for new accounts.
- Fixes app installation of apps whose package dependencies contain special characters.
- Revert the NETGEAR logo LED default state back to off on the RN316/516 front panel.
- Reduce pruning snapshots to a more balanced quantity when the volume is approaching full.
- Fixed CPU spinner bug during snapshot pruning when encountering full secondary volumes.
- Disable 3rd party web applications that conflict with the admin page UI.
- Provide a method for apps to configure global settings without breaking the admin web UI.
- Fixed a bug where app installation would never report failure.
- Fixes the configuration of offline network interfaces.
- Stamp alert emails with the date and time of the actual event, instead of when the alert is successfully sent.
- Removed redirect of non-admin failed accesses to the password recovery page after authentication failure.
- Skip EFI System Partitions when mounting external storage.
- Fixes certain snapshot-related operations not working in 6.2.0 in the GUI file browser.
- Fixes physical buttons not working on RN10x systems in 6.2.0.
- Added options to set the NFS thread count below 8.
- Fixes system hang issue on large SMB2/3 writes on RN2120 systems.
- Fixes file browser GUI context menus.
- Improves scalability in large ADS environments.
- Fixes potential false positives from Bit Rot Protection.
- Fixes occasional ReadyCloud invitation errors.
- Fixes admin access to volume root getting reset on update.
- Avoid out-of-space errors when doing a balance on very full filesystems.
- Disables sync mode by default for EXT3/4 external drives, to improve write performance.
- Properly clean up the file system after failure of 3rd party app installation.
- ReadyDROP has been replaced by a more granular syncing solution. PC clients using ReadyCLOUD desktop app can sync multiple folders and share with multiple users. Users can find the desktop app installation link by logging into readycloud.netgear.com
- ReadyNAS Remote app for Windows and Mac has been replaced by ReadyCLOUD desktop app. The new desktop apps support advanced syncing as well as backing up content from a PC to a ReadyNAS.
- Share files with users by sending an email link. Users that receive the email will download the file directly from ReadyNAS. Security permissions are configurable.
- Support bitrot data protection. Automatically detect and correct corruption due to media degradation. Enabled per Share.
- Time Machine functionality has been improved to better manage multiple users. Each user will receive a private virtual Time Machine target. Capacity quota can be set for each user
- Genie Marketplace has been removed. Users will no longer be required to setup a Genie account to download and install add-on applications. All add-on applications can be installed directly from the Available tab.
- Support for disk spin down added. Included in the new Power tab under System.
- Format USB drives from the GUI
- New default user profile. Setup default user settings for Home Folders, Private Time Machine, and Group membership which are applied automatically to new users (Home Folder applies to local, domain, and cloud users. Private Time Machine applies to local users only. Group Membership only works for local users).
- iTunes and DLNA have been implemented as protocols. Users can enable iTunes and DLNA for any share.
- Backup job workflow has been updated and included ability to browse local sources and destinations
- Support Home folder snapshots
- Local Admin GUI page supports HTTP as well as HTTPS
- Support static route configurations
- Schedule volume maintenance tasks such as Scrub, Defragment, Balance, and Disk Test
- ReadyNAS and ReadyCLOUD portal will attempt to connect over local area network (LAN) when possible. This will improve transfer speeds.
- New default settings based on ReadyNAS model Users will see the new default settings after a factory default or on units that shipped with 6.2.0.
De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
arm (RN102 / RN104 / RN2120)
x86 (RN312 / RN314 / RN316 / RN516 / RN716x / RN3220 / RN4220)