Adobe heeft een update voor versie 11 van Acrobat uitgebracht. Acrobat bestaat uit het commerciële pakket om pdf-documenten te creëren en de gratis Reader om ze te kunnen lezen. Met Reader is het overigens tegenwoordig ook mogelijk om via een onlinetool eenvoudige pdf-documenten te maken. Versie 11.0.09 is een geplande update, waar Adobe eens per kwartaal mee komt, en bevat een flinke verzameling verbeteringen en bugfixes.
What’s NewFill and Sign
- The Sign Pane was renamed to Fill & Sign and the three related panels were unified in this single view. Form fill-in and signing workflows are made more usable since the forms tools now appear along with the signing tools.
- In Reader, the Fill & Sign Pane automatically opens when form fields are present.
- The tool logic is enhanced so that form fill-in is always possible even if another tool is selected. Starting a typing action simply deselects other tools.
- Enterprise configuration via registry and plist preferences:
- HKCU’s AVAlert\bDonotShowFSSWarningDlg set to 1 disables the Fill & Sign Alert dialog which appears when a user tries to use the service with a dynamic XFA form. Dynamic forms are currently unsupported.
- HKLM’s cServices\bEnableSignPane set to 0 removes the Fill & Sign Pane from the user interface.
- HKCU’s Workflows\bEnableAcrobatHS service’s master switch disables all features of the Fill & Sign Pane except for the Work with Certificates accordion. When forms are opened, the Fill & Sign Pane does not auto open.
- See also Bug fixes.
- Acrobat.com integration with Reader and Acrobat is now extended to all supported languages.
- Acrobat.com files are now cached locally. A new lockable preference bEnableBHCache allows admins to disable the feature.
- Adobe Send received several workflow improvements.
- See also Recent Files.
- See also Bug fixes for Webmail integration, Services integration, and others.
Hi DPI and Retina support
- The startup screen displays a short list of recent files list and provides a View All link which opens the full list.
- Choosing Open on the top menu opens a full recent file’s list that can access any file on the machine or on Acrobat.com. The list provide the following features:
- Thumbnail view
- File search
- File details such as size and last modified date
- Hove over the Menu icon to change how you view and sort your recent files list.
- The recent files list now contains up to 100 files. The default of 100 can be configured via the iMaxMRUCntToBeStored. A link to the full list also appears on the product’s startup Welcome screen.
- The Tools, Fill & Sign, and Comment panes are compatible with Hi DPI systems.
- See also Bug fixes.
Added Support PDF creation for AutoCAD 2013 64-bit PDFMaker & Import Comments.Fonts
The Hindi Devanagari font is added to the 11.x font bundle. This change results in 11.0.09 showing a dialog when the opening a PDF containing extended language fonts which asks if latest font pack for Windows or Mac should be installed.
- Launch times and feature performance have been improved across the product
- 3777286: Scrolling page doesn’t work in “Fit one full page to window” view
- 3579064: PDF scrolling problem in Mac
- See also Webmail integration.
- 3758320: Disabling services via bEnableAcrobatHS does not remove Adobe Send (online) link from File > Send Email
- 3371664: bEnableAcrobatHS master HS switch does not disable EchoSign integration in Acrobat/Reader
- 3753555: Clicking on View All Sent Files link takes to Acrobat.com tab on the cloud.acrobat.com site although Sent files tab is working and it is visible below the Acrobat.com files tab
- 3702370: Not able to upload a file through Reader having a name which already exists in files.acrobat.com
- 3732843: Outlook does not recognize some addresses from Global Addressbook in Shared Review Workflow
- 3654167: Outlook 2013 not able to send mail (Office 365)
- 3763566: Dynamic and custom stamps disappear in Shared Review workflows.
- 3800454: Toolbar items do not have valid accessibility names and are not accessible to screen readers
- 3680229/3707974: Improved stability while either Serotek System Access or NVDA is running
- 3736180: Scrollbars are too thin to be accessible on touch devices
- 3735349: Accessibility problem with radio button in dynamic PDF form
- 3804902: [64 BIT only] The functionality of “Export to Autocad” from Acrobat should be removed or appropriate message should be displayed in case of failure
- 3707690: Unable to compile AutoCAD Ribbons components when running as a Standard User
- 3791247: Embedded CorelDraw CDR image objects in a MS-Word document are not rendered in the resulting PDF
- 3766317: IFF-File cannot be displayed in PDF
- 3784654: Create PDF from Web Page fails for almost every website
- 3773518: Boundary of the table is not created properly when word doc containing table is converted to PDF
- 3729011: PDF conversion of word file results in one of the images having black horizontal lines on it
- 3723668: Labels at Y axis are not aligned properly from Word to PDF conversion
- 3764415: Cannot produce plain PDF files if PDFA/1A Support is turned on in PDFMaker in word
- 3784788: Converting word document with PDF/A-1a settings changes the background color of image/logo
- 3791233: Picture of format EMF has incorrect colours in PDF
Hi-dpi and Retina support
- 3634768: Issue while printing PDF on legal size pages using Adobe Reader XI on Win 7 and MAC 10.8.4
- 3757566: Valid PDF File Fails to Spool for PostScript Printing under MacOS
- 3770888: Size of UI is not consistent with system settings, which is problematic on certain tablet
- 3345677: Protected View yellow bar should be accessible to Screen Readers and on pressing F6 the focus should shift to the ‘Enable All Features’ button in the yellow bar
- 3778541: Unable to open Acrobat.com file after toggling Protected View without restarting Reader
- 3647309: MS Lync certificate appears in the sign dialog box
- 3736411: Reader does not populate/create the appearances.acrodata file in the Security folder or the preference for using the appearance file on a system that has had Reader previously installed
- 3786051: Change Default Sig Verification to Doc-Specific, Else Default
- 3795323: Cannot add additional signature to a signed PDF in a Portfolio
- 3739716: Digital Signature gets marked as invalid for the first time
- 3774949: Not able to save exported Digital ID file in p7c or cer format
- 3812403: Signature DMB/Certificate DMB for a file containing form fields does not look good – The sentence “This file includes fillable……fields” should start from the next line, and Acrobatcom has gone too far right side of the DMB
- 3779673: Adobe users not able to open the rights protected document intermittently
- 3793071: Win/Mac: Trust Setting Icons are Missing
- 3746409: Permission validity period not displayed in Adobe Reader
- 3573238: Massively slow response using certificate authentication of LiveCycle form with Reader
Creative Cloud for Teams
- 3770786: 10.8:Plist entries are not created in current user account when multiple user account is present on machine
- 3516107: Preview of files is not appearing in Reader Web UI
- 3735688: 10.9 or later only: Energy Impact data can’t be reduced to 1.3 after we run “Open Recent File” function
- 3809019: Browser: None of the options launching a URL is working in Right Hand Tools Pane and Fill&Sign Pane
- 3787282: Cannot change colour using CMYK Sliders
- 3804885: Scrolling Direction should be reverse when using multi-finger swipe via trackpad
- 3770703: Registry entries does not create when Acrobat is deployed on user machine using SCCM deployment method via local system account
- 3767491: Registry entries for second user are not getting created when we run mst in one user
- 3770478: Registry entries for std user are not getting created when acrobat is installed by std user.Registries gets created when Std user login again after installation
- 3717664: Error pops up while saving a PDF documents on a SharePoint 2010
- 3801912: SharePoint 2013: Multiple authentication requests thrown to user when accessing files over SharePoint
- 3759176: No entry point to access SharePoint/Office365 files through Open dialog invoked via My Computer tab in My Files view
- 3769110: If file is opened from SharePoint or Office 365, then a corresponding entry is added in Recent Locations in My Computer tab
- 3557397: Error pops up while opening a PDF from SharePoint location
- 3742728: App-V: 11.0.07 App-V MSI should upgrade 11.0.01 MSI if it is installed on the client system
- 3793336: The SCUP Catalogs for 11.0.08 contains article ID of previous release APSB14-15 and title for MUI Reader is wrong
- 3769420: After FeatureLockDown Setting is made in the “com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist” file, the “Digital Editions” menu still exists in the Help menu
- 3799430: When uploading a file from a slow network, a 0KB file is left at the inprogress folder of Reader
- 3750557: When using search for the first time in a renderer and user is in thumbnail view then no thumbnails are shown for the search results, if any.
- 3774256: Not able to save exported comments in xfdf format
- 3799193: Page 0: When ‘Save As’ is done on a Page 0 document, the newly created document is not opened automatically
- 3744611: Icons not visible in Shared Reviews initiation wizard
- 3757837: Changing default PDF viewer to Reader via Edit->Preferences menu of Reader requires system restart
- 3740533: Dynamic Subform with WSDL connection issues when executing the WSDL multiple times
- 3720564: When using Output Preview Tool in Acrobat on CMYK color profile, the value appears different between “Separations- Preview” And “Object Inspector-Preview
- 3690569: Text spacing operators (Tw, Tc) not properly honored for some text strings during PostScript printing
- 3802487: At 100% scaling and high resolutions like 2560x1600 the width of RHP is not sufficient to show the strings correctly