Adobe heeft nieuwe versies van Acrobat uitgebracht. Het gaat daarbij zowel om de Reader als om het programma waarmee pdf-documenten kunnen worden gemaakt. Downloads zijn beschikbaar voor Windows, Mac OS X, Linux en Solaris, en de releases kunnen op deze pagina worden gevonden. In de update treffen we onder andere diverse bug en security fixes aan, is er ondersteuning voor roaming profiles en wordt Flash Player versie 10.1.82.76 meegeleverd.
- 9.4 and 8.2.5: Several security vulnerabilities have been fixed, including those described here and here.
- 9.4: While Roaming Profiles are not officially supported, a related workflow has been enabled. In previous releases, when using Acrobat or Reader with a roaming profile where the folder is redirected to a server share, theapplication crashed with a C++ runtime error if the user did not have the right permissions on their folder. Because the PDF viewing application also looked at all of the target folder’s parent folders, the crash also occurred if any of those parent folders did not have the requisite permissions. In this release, parent folder permissions are no longer checked, and no error occurs if the user has permission to access the target folder.
- 9.4: The create PDF logic for Reader is improved. Choosing Create PDF takes user directly to a Create PDF web page rather than launching an AIR application.
Updater for Mac
- 9.4: This release also installs the Flash Player 10.1.82.76 update. For details, see here.
- 9.4: The Mac Updater GoURL points to the Adobe support site with a list of kb articles to help users with installation issues and error code troubleshooting.
- 2699781: 9.3.4 introduced a bug that caused inter-document links to fail. When a link in a PDF pointed to a non-PDF format file such as .doc, .xls, etc., the target document did not open and an error appears: Error dialog- "Windows cannot find xxx. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.”
- 2680208: Acrobat crashes when form data is being served via a PHP application.
- 2663474: Adding text to a form field that spans two pages and scrolling to the top of the document cause Reader 9.3.3 to crash in Vista 32 bit systems.
- 2645653: References may not be displayed in a 3D CV5 file.
- 2630642: Paging through a PDF document sometimes causes an "invalid annotation object" error.
- 2630486: Large forms with many signatures sometimes result in long signature validation times.
- 2598943: Commenting review checkmarks sometimes disappear when you open same PDF in Reader or Acrobat even if you use the same Login name.
- 2579400: For non-post script printing on Windows, Reader sometimes prints garbled output from Adobe Central Pro 5.6 when a file is streamed to the web browser.
- 2569503: For shared reviews using a basic secured WebDav server, new login credentials are not saved and sent by the application to the server if the user already had an existing username and password.
- 2557035: XFA forms viewed in IE 7 sometimes cause a PDF viewer plugin crash.
- 2421120: When printing from Reader 9.1.3, the output is occasionally garbled or blocks of text have characters replaced by their subsequent letter; for example, S becomes T, etc.
- 2630618: The PDF viewing application crashes when deleting pages by deleting thumbnails from the thumbnails view for large documents.
- 2596701: (Fixed in 9.4) Reader polls the registry too often in Terminal Server environment.
- 2671663: (Fixed in 9.4, not an issue for 8.x) Reader MUI installation modifies Internet Explorer registry key permissions in a way which interferes with other applications that need to interact with Web events.