Pidgin is een instantmessagingclient die meerdere im-protocollen ondersteunt en op Windows en Unix-achtige besturingssystemen kan worden gebruikt. Hiermee kunnen berichten uitgewisseld worden via verschillende im-netwerken, zoals MSN, AIM, Xmpp, ICQ en irc. De ontwikkelaars hebben een nieuwe versie met 2.5.3 als het versienummer uitgebracht. Hier zijn weer verschillende oplossingen voor tal van kleine bugs in terug te vinden. De meegeleverde lijst met veranderingen ziet er als volgt uit:
- The Buddy State Notification plugin no longer prints duplicate notifications when the same buddy is in multiple groups. (Florian Quèze)
- The Buddy State Notification plugin no longer turns JID's, MSN Passport ID's, etc. into links. (Florian Quèze)
- purple-remote now has a "getstatusmessage" command to retrieve the text of the current status message.
- Various fixes to the nullprpl. (Paul Aurich)
- Fix a crash when accessing the roomlist for an account that's not connected. (Paul Aurich)
- Fix a crash in purple_accounts_delete that happens when this function is called before the buddy list is initialized. (Florian Quèze)
- Fix use of av_len in perl bindings to fix some off-by-one bugs. (Paul Aurich)
- On ICQ, advertise the ICQ 6 typing capability. This should fix the reports of typing notifications not working with third-party clients. (Jaromír Karmazín)
- Many QQ fixes and improvements, including the ability to connect using QQ2008 protocol and sending/receiving of long messages. The recommended version to use is still QQ2005.
- Fix a crash with DNS SRV lookups. (Florian Quèze)
- Fix a crash caused by authorization requests. (Florian Quèze)
- Add support for IM images. (Tomasz Sałaciński, Adam Strzelecki)
- Gadu-Gadu now checks that UID's are valid. (Adam Strzelecki)
- Gadu-Gadu now does proper charset translations where needed. (Adam Strzelecki)
- Fix an error with offline messages by shipping the new "Microsoft Secure Server Authority" and the "Microsoft Internet Authority" certificates. These are now always installed even when using --with-system-ssl-certs because most systems don't ship those intermediate certificates.
- The Games and Office media can now be set and displayed (in addition to the previous Music media). The Media status text now shows the album, if possible.
- Messages sent from a mobile device while you were offline are now correctly received.
- Server transfers after you've been connected for a long time should now be handled correctly.
- Many improvements to handling of "federated" buddies, such as those on the Yahoo network.
- Several known crashes have been resolved.
- Many other fixes and code cleanup.
- Respect your privacy settings set using the official MySpace client.
- Add support for blocking buddies.
- Fix a bug where buddies didn't appear in their correct groups the first time you sign into your account.
- Properly disconnect and sign out of the service when logging off.
- Support for foreground and background font colors in outgoing IMs.
- Support for background font colors in incoming IMs.
- Many other fixes and code cleanup.
- Fix insanely long idle times for Sametime 7.5 buddies by assuming 0 idle time if the idle timestamp is in the future. (Laurent Montaron)
- Fix a crash that can occur on login. (Raiko Nitzsche)
- Fix a crash when a malformed message is received.
- Don't allow connecting accounts if no server name has been specified. (Florian Quèze)
- Fix the namespace URL we look for in PEP reply stanzas to match the URL used in the 'get' requests (Paul Aurich)
- Resources can be set to the local machine's hostname by using __HOSTNAME__ as the resource string. (Jonathan Sailor)
- Resources can now be left blank, causing the server to generate a resource for us where supported. (Jonathan Sailor)
- Resources now default to no value, but "Home" is used if the server refuses to provide a resource.
- Quit trying to get user info for MUC's. (Paul Aurich)
- Send "client-accepts-full-bind-result" attribute during SASL login. This will fix Google Talk login failures if the user configures the wrong domain for his/her account.
- Support new
element to indicate no XEP-0084 User Avatar. (Paul Aurich)
- Fix SHA1 avatar checksum errors that occur when one of the bytes in a checksum begins with 0. (Paul Aurich)
- Fix a problem with duplicate buddies. (Paul Aurich)
- Corrected maximum message lengths for Yahoo!
- Fix file transfers with older Yahoo protocol versions.
- Enable auto-reply, to emulate 'zaway.' (Toby Schaffer)
- Fix a crash when an account is configured to use tzc but tzc is not installed or the configured tzc command is invalid. (Michael Terry)
- Fix a 10 second delay waiting on tzc if it is not installed or the configured command is invalid. (Michael Terry)
- On GTK+ 2.14 and higher, we're using the gtk-tooltip-delay setting instead of our own (hidden) tooltip_delay pref. If you had previously changed that pref, add a line like this to ~/.purple/gtkrc-2.0 (where 500 is the timeout (in ms) you want):
gtk-tooltip-timeout = 500
To completely disable tooltips (e.g. if you had an old tooltip_delay of zero), add this to ~/.purple/gtkrc-2.0:
gtk-enable-tooltips = 0
- Moved the release notification dialog to a mini-dialog in the buddylist. (Casey Ho)
- Fix a crash when closing an authorization minidialog with the X then immediately going offline. (Paul Aurich)
- Fix a crash cleaning up custom smileys when Pidgin is closed.
- Fix adding a custom smiley using the context menu in a conversation if no custom smilies have previously been added using the smiley manager.
- Improved support for some message formatting in conversations.
- Allow focusing the coversation history or userlist with F6.
- Fixed the Send Button plugin to avoid duplicate buttons in a single conversation.
- Double-clicking a saved status will now activate it and close the saved status manager, rather than edit the status.
- Allow binding meta+arrow keys for actions.
- Added default meta+erase binding for delete previous word.
- Added "Show When Offline" to buddy menus, so a plugin is no longer needed.