De ontwikkelaars achter Tortoisesvn hebben zondag versie 1.5.3 van hun programma uitgebracht. Tortoisesvn is een opensource Subversion-client en is bedoeld om versiebeheer mee uit te voeren. Versiebeheer is met name handig, zo niet onmisbaar, wanneer er met meerdere ontwikkelaars aan een project wordt gewerkt. Het programma integreert zichzelf als een shell extension in Windows en kan zelfstandig of in combinatie met een ide worden gebruikt. Versie 1.5.3 van Tortoisesvn wordt nog steeds geleverd met Subversion 1.5.2 en bevat geen nieuwe features. Wel zijn er de nodige bugfixes aangebracht en deze versie heeft dan ook het stempel 'maintenance release' meegekregen. Hieronder is het changelog van deze release te vinden:
- paths in error messages are nor truncated to 80 chars anymore.
- enabled rc4 encryption for the sasl dlls.
- linked against neon 0.28.3
- some context menu entries were shown if multiple items were selected even if they only work on single items.
- the move/copy right-drag menus were not shown if the target folder was added but not yet committed.
- fixed missing typecasts. This lead among others to "show log" not working from the check-for-modifications dialog on x64.
- Reverting multiple selected paths only showed the files from the first selected path in the revert dialog.
- the right-drag context menu did not show all commands for old working copies (fresh checkout would fix this too).
- Starting external applications (e.g., the diff tool) could fail if the working copy is on the same drive as TSVN was installed to.
- Upgrading could fail under certain circumstances which then required an uninstall, reboot, reinstall cycle.
- Sometimes conficts were shown as 'add's in the progress dialog.
- Moving a file to the "ignore-on-commit" changelist removed the check but the file would still get committed.
- When starting TortoiseProc with '*' separated, relative file paths, the commit dialog would either just flash and exit or not show all the files from all specified paths.
- TSVN would not use ssh clients set in the svn config file, only those set in the TSVN settings dialog.
- Moving files from one changelist to another by dragging them in the commit and CfM dialog could hang.
- If the commit dates were not in sequence with the revision numbers which can happen when a repository is converted from other version control systems, the statistics dialog would show a wrong 'by date' graph.
- internal properties like bugtraq:, tsvn:, ... which had non-ascii chars in their values got garbled on newly added folders where those properties are automatically added.
- Dragging files from the progress dialog didn't work if the paths had spaces in them.
- The file diff dialog (compare revisions) could use the wrong peg revision in certain situations.
- the shift-diff to use TortoiseMerge instead of the configured diff tool didn't work for the filediff dialog.
- The "add folder" in the repository browser only added the folder itself without the files in it.
- When changing the overlay icon set, the deleted overlay did not show up anymore.