Alex Birj heeft versie 2.1.1 van Usenet Explorer uitgebracht. Met dit programma kunnen bestanden van usenet worden gedownload. Er is ondersteuning aanwezig voor het gelijktijdig downloaden van tekst en bestanden via meerdere servers en threads. Verder biedt het programma de mogelijkheid om nzb-bestanden te laden en uitgebreide filtermogelijkheden te gebruiken. In versie 2.0 is onder andere het automatisch afhandelen van par-bestanden toegevoegd, waardoor bestanden geverifieerd, gerepareerd en uitgepakt worden. Hieronder is het volledige overzicht te vinden van alle veranderingen sinds versie 2.0.2:
Changes in version 2.1.1:
Changes in version 2.1:
- when marking collection entry for download, single deleted headers in the collection were mistakenly marked for download as well.
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- par2 repair performance has been greatly increased, on average repair is now noticeably faster than quickpar and it is at least marginally faster than quickpar on any repair even without taking into account quickpar pre-repair stage.
- added option to associate UE with par2 files (properties->unpack->associate with par2 files).
- repair is now optionally multi-core, but because the optimized repair code is so fast and may saturate memory bus even with one core - press the question sign button near the option in properties->unpack->multi-core repair to learn how to check whether it is really needed.
- manual add files to unpack pane option has been refined (unpack context menu->add), in additon to former add files option - par2 files with related files can be added with or without scan for misnamed with optional forcing reload of already listed files for the case they were changed outside UE.
- reload exact files option in (unpack context menu->advanced) to e.g. reload par2 set and its data files as they are listed in the unpack pane without choosing par2 file through open file dialog in add option, useful when e.g. files were changed outside UE.
- added recent folders entry in the unpack context menu to show recent save / unrar folders with clear all option to clean up the menu, it allows to easily locate folders even after all files were cleared from the unpack pane.
- par2 menu has been added. par2 zero file can be now optionally downloaded first (checked by default), they can be downloaded with the highest priority (unchecked by default) and the rest of par2 files can be marked for download last (unchecked by default given their download is postponed anyway). when queue is sorted by date the download par2 zero files with the highest priority is recommended.
- unrar password can be now set almost anywhere, e.g for par2 set, it will propagate to rar files or rar set after they have been downloaded given the associated par2 set, which is useful along with the par2 download with highest priority option so unrar password can be set well in advance before downloading any rar files.
- collections both auto and forced with size previously displayed as >4GB are now shown outright with the exact size (not only in properties) and can be sorted by it.
- when associated with .nzb files UE will now feature its own distinct .nzb icon, but you need to reassociate UE in properties->general, associate with nzb files for the change to take effect.
- other changes including a number of subtle refinements of unpack behaviour; links to forum/email support were added in the help menu.
Usenet Explorer 2.1.1 (15 dagen trial)
Usenet Explorer 2.1.1 (voor geregistreerde gebruikers)[break]