Het programma ScummVM is een crossplatform interpreter voor een aantal point-and-click adventure engines. Ondersteuning voor alle SCUMM-gebaseerde adventures van LucasArts, Simon the Sorcerer van AdventureSoft, en Beneath a Steel Sky en Broken Sword 2 van Revolution is aanwezig. Versie 0.8.1 is sinds kort beschikbaar en wordt geleverd met de volgende release notes:
Rejoice, ScummVM 0.8.1 "Codename: missing" has just been released. You can now experience the latest official flavour of ScummVM. The main reason for this release is fixing several bugs that slipped into 0.8.0.
- More descriptive game titles in all engines.
- Fixed crash when trying to apply aspect-ratio correction to games that cannot use it.
- Fixed potential security vulnerability with oversized PATH environment variables.
- Lowered the default gain for the FluidSynth music driver and made it configurable.
- Scrolling fixes in COMI, so it is less CPU-hungry.
- Added support for Maniac Mansion NES German version.
- Fixed mouse button states in COMI.
- Fixed overflow when using control panel for robot in the Dig.
- Added support for sound code, used by songs in HE games.
- Improved shadows in later HE games.
- Fixed subtitles glitches in HE games.
- Improved music/sound for HE games.
- Improved support for international versions of HE games.
- Improved support for Macintosh versions of games.
- Fixed several minor bugs.
- Fix crash when speed/volume sliders are clicked and then dragged out of the scummvm window.
- Fixed disappearing cursor when level password is typed in
- Warn user if he tries to run CD version directly from CD under Windows
- Fix digital music playback under BE systems.
- Implemented more precise MD5-based game detection.
- Added Polish support for Simon the Sorcerer 2.
- Fixed fades during ride to goblins camp in Simon the Sorcerer 2.
- Fixed palette delay at the end of Simon the Sorcerer 1.
- Fixed sound looping in Windows version of Simon the Sorcerer 2.
- Fixed a bug where looping sounds would keep playing during cutscenes or when displaying any form of control panel dialog.
- The save game dialog would erroneously claim an I/O error occurred if the savegame list had unused slots, and savegames were compressed.
- Fixed a scrolling bug which caused the finale sequence to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixes and cleanups to the end credits. The German credits work now.
- Fixed missing speech/music in the second half of the game, reported to happen in some versions of the game.
- Completely reworked and now really goes official.
- Fixed a bug that caused Broken Sword 1, and games that use ripped CDDA tracks (most notably the CD version of Monkey Island 1), to stop functioning properly after a while.
- Check backends/wince/README-WinCE for the latest news
- Fixed disappearing panel when opening a list widget in GUI
- Knakos patches (QVGA smartphones fix, easier key binding and panel switching)