Versie 1.9.0 van ScummVM is uitgebracht. Dit programma is een 'crossplatform interpreter' voor een aantal point-and-click adventure-engines, in het bijzonder de spellen die met de Scumm-engine van LucasArts zijn gemaakt. Op die manier is het mogelijk om klassiekers als Simon the Sorcerer, Beneath A Steel Sky, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle en Sam and Max te spelen op Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, PlayStation 3, Raspberry Pi en zelfs AmigaOS 4. De release notes voor deze uitgave zien er als volgt uit:
ScummVM 1.9.0 "Myst-ery U.F.O.s release" is out
As always, we have been busy adding more games and enhancing old ones. Now, after many years in production, we are proud to announce support for Myst and Myst: Masterpiece Edition.
Besides that, we now support U.F.O.s and the early Sierra Hi-Res adventures, namely Hi-Res Adventure #0: Mission Asteroid, Hi-Res Adventure #1: Mystery House and Hi-Res Adventure #2: The Wizard and the Princess, for a total of six newly supported games.
With this release we are switching to SDL 2, so please, report any bugs you encounter. Last time we introduced Sparkle-based updates for Mac, and now we're trying to launch it also for Windows. Hopefully, you will see it in action once we release our next version. Once again, we would like to mention that auto-updating is selected as an opt-in during your first start up. By default, if you enable it, it will check weekly for new releases. Screenshots of this in action can be seen at the WinSparkle website.
Notable bugfixes and enhancements include Hercules rendering and font for the AGI games, numerous bugfixes to SCI games, enhanced Sherlock games experience, and AmiUpdate on the Amiga port.
- Added support for Myst.
- Added support for Myst: Masterpiece Edition.
- Added support for U.F.O.s.
- Added support for Hi-Res Adventure #0: Mission Asteroid.
- Added support for Hi-Res Adventure #1: Mystery House.
- Added support for Hi-Res Adventure #2: The Wizard and the Princess.
- Fixed audio corruption in the MS ADPCM decoder.
- Fixed audio pitch in the CMS/GameBlaster emulation.
- Switched SDL backend to SDL2 by default. SDL1 is still a fallback.
Beneath a Steel Sky:
- Added support for Hercules rendering. Both green and amber modes are supported.
- Added support for the Hercules high resolution font. The font is also usable outside of Hercules rendering.
- Added optional "pause, when entering commands" feature, that was only available in the original interpreter for Hercules rendering.
- Fixed a bug that could possibly make the game unfinishable due to a wrong animation for Officer Blunt that makes further interaction with this character impossible.
- Fixed graphical issues in Gobliiins (EGA version).
- Updated Italian EOB1 translation.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash in Lands of Lore.
- Fixed a missing dialog line in QfG3 which awards the player with 3 additional points. This is a bug in the original game interpreter. Due to this bug, it was not possible to get all points in the original game.
- Fixed a bug in Space Quest 1 that caused issues with the spider droid.
- Fixed a bug in Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest that could cause a lock-up when interacting with the armor in room 37 (main house, downstairs). This bug is also present in the original game.
- Fixed auto-saving in the fan-made Cascade Quest.
- Fixed a game bug in the Conquests of Longbow scripts that could cause crashes in Sherwood Forest.
- Added support for the ImagiNation Network (INN) demo.
- Fixed missing translations in the in-game quit and restart dialogs in Pajama Sam 1.
- Fixed visual glitches in DOTT that occured after loading a savegame with the stereo in Green Tentacle's room turned on.
- Improved timing and pathfinding in Maniac Mansion (C64 and Apple II versions)
- Added support for the Dutch demo of Let's Explore the Airport with Buzzy.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash in The Case of the Serrated Scalpel.
- Fixed an issue with item hotspots in The Case of the Serrated Scalpel.
- Fixed a bug that caused game lockups in the inventory of The Case of the Rose Tattoo.
- Added support for AmiUpdate autoupdates.
- Added basic support for the snap packaging system.
- Fixed taskbar support on Windows 10 onwards.
- Fixed keymapping for non-QWERTY keyboards.
- Added support for WinSparkle updater.
Beneath a Steel Sky