Bij Smart Projects is versie 1.6 build 19 verschenen van IsoBuster. Dit programma is gespecialiseerd in het lezen van slechte of beschadigde cd's en dvd's, en kan in veel gevallen nog files terughalen die het OS niet meer herkent. Een ander sterk punt van IsoBuster is dat het bijna elk denkbaar cd- of dvd-image formaat kan lezen, zoals *.ISO, *.BIN, *.IMG, *.CCD en *.NRG. Deze release lost een groot probleem op met de registratie voor gebruikers die het programma na 25 april hadden gekocht. Het volledige changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
This version is an update for version 1.6 and features :
Other changes / fixes :
- A serious registration issue has been solved for people that bought a key after April 25th 2004. IsoBuster 18.104.22.168 could "forget" its registration and cause some frustration to registered users when they were told to register the program again. Registered users, please upgrade your installation! Simply download this latest version (http://www.isobuster.com/download) and over-install it. Re-enter your key if asked.
- A fix for an error message under NT4 (Use of API not supported under NT4)
- A workaround for a UDF mastering bug by VOB InstantWrite software (Old version of software in combination with big files)
- Various small changes to be able to properly recognize block-size and offsets in Mac image files containing HFS(+) as only file system.
- A workaround for a Windows XP (design) issue that prevented Windows itself from exploring a CD or DVD. This problem could occur when IsoBuster had been started when there was no media in the drive. The resulting blocking of XP lasted until IsoBuster was closed again.
- Automatic removal of "mailto:" when the email client adds "mailto:" to the registration ID when copying the ID from email client to IsoBuster registration window.
- Added Belarussian translation to the "all languages" download.
- A workaround for a buggy behaving drive "ARTEC WRR-4848" that doesn't like being asked if it can do Mount Rainier or not. The effect was a 20 seconds delay startup of the program.
- Found and fixed a rare situation where an externally connected USB drive was not found because the adaptor did not exist according to Windows XP.