Op DivX.com lezen we het heugelijke bericht dat we weer een nieuwe versie van de originele DivX en- en decoder, DivX genaamd, kunnen downloaden. Het versienummer dat bij de release hoort is 5.0.4, wat het verdiend heeft door de volgende veranderingen te bevatten:
* The new RC doesn't use Q=1 frames anymore
* No stuffing used, bitrate can be too low in some extreme cases.
* Strategy planning for rate control is much faster now
* Better tracking of the planned RC strategy creating more consistent quality.
* K6-2 CPU related crash resolved.
* Not able to change Bitrate Modulation through CLI field.
* During 1 pass quality-based, Quantizer can now be set to 1 with CLI
* Multiple error windows no longer open upon entering wrong bitrate modulation option.
* 'Max Keyframe Interval' no longer accepts negative values
* Multiple error windows no longer open upon entering wrong CLI option.
* In the Quick Config CLI field, 'Enable Resize' was taking invalid options
* Fixed CLI inconsistencies when "Restore codec's default" is pressed.
* Max bitrate and encoding bit rate(average) was displayed same.
* Fixed hitting tab in the CLI field to enable 'Use Bidirectional Encoding'
* Fixed: remove -w in the Quick Config CLI field, 'Update Log file' option is not getting deselected.
* When 'Psychovisual Enhancements' value is set to 4, in the Quick Config CLI field, mismatch in slider and label options.
* 1 Pass and Nth Pass™ undersized file should be fixed
* Certain dark sequences would produce a long period of frames using a Quantizer of 31.
* Psychovisual Enhancement field sometimes displayed "Custom" instead of Light when unselected
* "Do not prompt with errors and warnings" would select itself when random characters were entered in the CLI after the "-key" option
* When "-d 3" option was entered in the CLI field, "Source interlace" became blank.
* Max bitrate would not update at times.
* DirectShow decoder postprocessing slider became disabled with ATI radeon 9700 Graphics card
* DirectShow decoder would "fast forward" when seeking backwards. This could cause synch issues when re-encoding DivX Files using the DivX Decoder Filter.
* Various cosmetic fixes in the Encoder GUI
o Do not prompt Error unchecked as default fixed.
o Light Psychovisual enabled itself automatically when exiting the CLI field.
o Max bitrate reset itself to x10 the average when going in the "profile" tab
* MPEG-4 "type Indicator" correctly set according to selected encoding parameters
* No more green first frame at very high bitrates.
* Decoder updates the display to the appropriate frame when seeking
* Decoder remembers the postprocessing settings
* Fixed some memory leaks related to Psychovisual and Nth Pass™ mode
* Nth Pass™ RC is tweaked to minimize the usage of high quantizer
* Nth Pass™ doesn't create an empty frames at the beginning of the clip
* Brightness/Saturation sliders now working correctly.[break]Download de nieuwe versie hier.