PassMark Software, bekend van onder andere BurnInTest en WirelessMon, heeft een update voor versie 9.0 van PerformanceTest uitgebracht. Met dit programma kan een computer met daarop Windows XP of hoger aan een reeks benchmarks worden onderworpen. In 32 tests worden de vijf hoofdgroepen, te weten de processor, 2d-graphics, 3d-graphics, opslag en het geheugen, zo objectief mogelijk getest en grafisch tegen een aantal andere systemen afgezet. Daarnaast zijn er zeven extra tests, waarin onder andere virtualisatie en het netwerk onder de loep genomen kunnen worden. Sinds build 1000 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
Changes in version 9.0 build 1005
Changes in version 9.0 build 1004
- Changed the DX12 test so MSAA is disabled for video cards with less than 4GB of shared graphics memory when running at 4K resolution and a penalty of 20% is applied. This will prevent a crash that could occur when the video card does not have enough memory for the test at 4K resolution (seen on integrated video cards).
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some results from being output when using the EXPORTHTML script command
- Fixed some crashes that could occur when using the EXPORTHTML script command
Changes in version 9.0 build 1003
- Fixed a silent error that could occur if OpenCL test launched but failed to run (eg over a remote desktop connection), now will display an error message and allow calculation of a penalised score
- Made some changes to the chart cache updating so there is a shorter timeout and the process will execute quicker if something is preventing PerformanceTest from accessing the internet to update the cache
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a gauge chart tooltip was displayed
- Changed the physics initialization when the CPU physics test is started to prevent some issues when running the physics test on with large amounts of processes
- Added number of processes used for CPU test (in PerformanceTest configuration) to html and text result exports
- Fixed a bug in the advanced network test when running server with 'Auto Repeat' not accepting connections after the first run
Changes in version 9.0 build 1002
- Baseline Search
- In advanced search we made the CPU/GPU/Drive model field read only. It can now only be populated using the "Select model" hyperlink and is now an exact search. This change improved some database search times 20 fold (40secs to 2secs) and prevented some timeouts from slow searches.
- Added a "clear" hyperlink for CPU/GPU/Drive model
- In simple search, we improved the worst case search time 10 fold (20sec to 2sec)
- DirectX 12
- New message box will alert user that benchmark will not run on release build of Windows 10 (build 10240), requires at least build 10586. Early Win10 releases don't have a full DX12 implmentation.
- Fixed a localisation bug with some error messages that were not displaying properly when they contained " characters
- Added better error handling for CPU physics test
Changes in version 9.0 build 1001
- Fixed an issue stopping the DX9 test from launching in Portrait mode and stopping the DX10/11/12 tests from running
- Some DX12 test changes to fix some startup issues
- Fixed the penalty calculation of the DX12 test so if it's run at 4k in portrait mode there is no penalty applied
- Changed error message on OpenCL (GPU Compute) test failure. Will now also calculate GPU Compute mark when OpenCL test fails but with a 25% penalty.
- The "Chart Data" and "Reference Baselines" folders from the PerformanceTest data directory are now copied to the USB drive when installing to USB
- The 'AppData', 'UserAppData' and 'UserData' folders are now created when installing to USB to improve how PerformanceTest runs from USB
- Fixed a bug preventing the physics test from running in Windows XP
- Made some changes to the start of the CPU test while waiting for test processes to be ready in order to prevent lockups if there was an unexpected error
- Fixed a bug stopping PerformanceTest from being installed correctly to USB, this resulted in the DX12 test being unable to run and licensing error messages being displayed
- Fixed some inconsistency that could occur when picking folders using the browse for folder dialogs due to PerformanceTest trying to set the current folder displayed