Things to do or at least think about doing in the future. Name in
parenthesis means that person has taken on this project.
For PHP 4.3.0:
* Allow foreach ($array as $k => &$val) syntax. right now we cannot
traverse an array without copying each element.
* Allow foreach ($array as $k => list($a, $b)) syntax for multi
* Look at replacing c-lib call tolower().
* Make hash API functions work with HASH_OF() to save time.
* Allow to set a default value for call-by-reference-parameters.
eg: function hello (&$pallo = NULL) " rel="external">
* Disallow function(method) redefinition in class.
* Add configure test to determine if dlsym() requires underscore and set
DLSYM_NEEDS_UNDERSCORE accordingly. Perl and zsh have it in configure,
for example. (DONE?)
For PHP 5.0.0:
* Native large number support (probably with GNU GMP)
* Const'ify APIs. Right now, many functions leave parameters untouched,
but don't declare those as const. This makes interaction with other
interfaces difficult which pass const parameters to us.
For PHP 4.3.0:
* Add aliases to functions to conform to new naming conventions, e.g.
* Make all extensions thread-safe.
* Make everything on the language-level independent of your locale
* Change PHP error messages, so that they point to pages or sections
in the PHP Manual.
* Make sure that all ZTS globals get destructed. Most ts_allocate_id()
calls should have a dtor entry.
* Activate all extensions by default that don't rely on external
dependencies. (eg ftp) (DONE?)
* on some platforms unimplemented function will just do nothing
(e.g. symlink) they should print a warning or not even be defined!
* Use arg_separator.input to implode args in the CGI sapi extension
and arg_separator.input to explode in php_build_argv(). (DONE?)
* Implement flush feature suitable for nested output buffers.