Netgear heeft een nieuwe versie uitgebracht van ReadyNAS Raidiator, de software die op diverse nas-apparaten van dat bedrijf draait. Het gaat om de ReadyNAS 1500, 2100, 3100, 3200, 4200, Ultra 2/Plus, Ultra 4/Plus, Ultra 6/Plus, Pro 2, Pro 4, Pro 6, Pro Business Edition, Pro Pioneer Edition, NVX en NVX Pioneer Edition. Bijwerken kan door in Frontview naar de System > Update > Remote tab te navigeren of de nieuwe image eerst zelf te downloaden. Hieronder is te vinden welke aanpassingen Netgear met deze release allemaal heeft doorgevoerd.
New features and enhancements
- 3TB+ hard drives are now supported. ReadyNAS 3200 and 4200 can support 3TB+ hard disks only on channels 1-4. Channels 5-12 are limited to 2TB drives due to the limitation of the embedded LSI controller.
- Volume expansion is now supported in Flex-RAID mode.
- X-RAID2 can now migrate from a single to dual redundancy on 6-bay ReadyNAS and above. To do this, you will need to go to the Volume tab in Frontview and select the option to use the next added drive for dual redundancy, versus expansion (default).
- RAID 10 is now supported in Flex-RAID mode. To use RAID 10, you must have free space in 4 drives or more.
- iSCSI restore option now available in FrontView Backup.
- IPv6 support added (limited to CIFS and FTP for the time-being. Keep in mind CIFS support requires DNS).
- Teaming selection and support enhanced with switch level settings in 802.3 mode.
- Add-on menu added, along with new pages for add-ons. You can now directly install add-ons and add-on updates from these pages.
- Performance of large file writes over CIFS improved.
- Added support for 4TB+ Time Machine backups.
- Allow Windows workgroup names to contain spaces.
- Added fan speed control for the ReadyNAS 2100.
- Added monitoring and shutdown of APC UPS over SNMP.
- Added support for NETGEAR XSM7224S 10G switch.
- Fixed USB 3.0 device not showing up in Backup tab on Ultra 2.
- Fixed potential for infrequent iSCSI disconnections and potential hang with Windows MPIO.
- Fixed scheduled wakeup from power timer.
- Fixed file transfer problem using CIFS from OS X.
- Fixed file size display issue on OS X using CIFS.
- Fixed domain authentication issues with multiple NICs.
- Fixed TiVo archival issues with Australian TiVos.
- Fixed stability issue with RALUS.
- Once you upgrade to this release, you cannot downgrade back to 4.2.15 or prior releases.
- IE 6 no longer supported. Please update to IE 7 or 8.
- Volume expansion will not work beyond 16 TB. To support 16 TB or greater, you’ll have to factory default with that capacity in place.
- Snapshot resizing is disabled in the release. We will re-enable this feature in a future update.
- If you have previously configured an SNMP monitored UPS and attach a local USB UPS, the USB UPS will be monitored by the ReadyNAS. To switch back to SNMP monitoring, disconnect the USB UPS and then re-enter the IP address of the SNMP monitored UPS device.
- ReadyNAS 3200 and 4200 are limited to 2TB on channels 5-12. Channels 1-4 supports 3TB+ drives with RAIDiator 4.2.16.