Mark Loman heeft enkele dagen geleden alweer versie 184.108.40.206 van Hitman Pro uitgebracht. Hitman Pro is een alles-in-één oplossing tegen spyware, met name bedoeld voor de minder ervaren gebruiker. Het programma download automatisch niet minder dan twaalf verschillende antispyware- en antivirusprogramma's, waaronder Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, CWShredder en NOD32, en voert deze zelfstandig uit. Door deze achter elkaar te gebruiken wordt de computer grondig ontdaan van ongewenste programmatuur. Na inspectie wordt in een rapport duidelijk aangegeven welke gevaren zijn aangetroffen en welke van de gebruikte programma's ze hebben gevonden. Hieronder zijn alle veranderingen te vinden die in het programma zijn aangebracht sinds de vorige vermelding in de meuktracker:
Changes in version 220.127.116.11:
Changes in version 18.104.22.168:
- Improved speed when generation Interfaces/TypeLib cache in Behavioral Scan (Expert)
- Ewido Micro Scanner is now instructed to scan system drive only (corresponding with Scan only system files checkbox on the Hitman Pro windows). Ewido Micro Scanner will scan the entire system otherwise.
- Added version numbers of the external antimalware software on the GUI (Setup / AntiSpyware).
- Several minor improvements (like, Check for Updates will no longer AutoStart Hitman Pro when main program is updated)
Changes in version 22.214.171.124:
- Improved Behavioral Scan (Expert)
- Added universal detection of rogue anti-spyware products (that are similar to SpyAxe, SpywareQuake, etc). The function is capable of detecting and removing these fake products by looking at their structure.
- Fixed Jump To when user requested it (open containing folder) when Explorer.EXE wasn't running
- Added universal detection of spam trojans by analysing open network connections with public smtp server
- Added detection of a lot of duplicates in LimeWire shared folders (most likely upload threats auto created by a trojan)
- Improved Threat Cache (Expert)
- Added some optimization to speed up processing many threats (when parent folder is targeted, the object is no longer listed
- except when it is a PE file or popular file)
- Implemented Search function on tab Behavioral Scan (Expert)
- Fixed updating tree view objects in Behavioral Scan to reflect their current state after removing a threat
- Fixed a problem where, on certain systems, Hitman Pro would end up Not repsonding, almost immediately after the Hitman Pro window appeared on screen. Thanks to the users who tested several potential solutions for me.
- Added an extra message box on exit, offering the user to immediately reboot Windows (when earlier on, Hitman Pro closed Explorer.EXE to properly remove an active threat).
Changes in version 126.96.36.199:
- Improved Behavioral scan
- Improved enumerating processes, handles and DLLs (is faster now)
- Improved scoring objects (is faster now)
- Added scanning of Services
- Added scanning of ContextMenuHandlers, DragDropHandlers, ColumnHandlers, CopyHookHandlers, SharedDLLs
- Added network information when a suspicious object has open ports (the suspicious object will get a warning triangle and the connection information will be shown in a Network tree parent under the supicious object)
- Added URL information when a suspicious item in system folder escaped from browser cache
- Added window information on suspicious objects with active window (width and height or minimized)
- Added "Show window" menu to suspicious objects with visible window
- Added menu item to objects that apparantly have provided their own uninstaller (be carefull not always to trust the uninstaller provided by suspicious objects)
- Added cleanup and automatic re-ordering of invalid WinSock2 configuration
- Fixed a problem removing registry entries concerning Downloaded Program Files
- they could not be removed
- Fixed a problem with Jump To function (it would always open the Hitman Pro folder, now it will open the folder that contains the object)
- Fixed a problem with Clean up menu (when user didn't want to remove the object after all (said no), the Clean up menu was deleted anyway)
- Fixed a problem with Clean up of Code Store Distribution regsitry objects (they couldn't be removed)
- Fixed not showing SysTray icon information when there was one (suspicious objects)
- Replaced Flash Player upgrade with new version. Hitman Pro now installs version 188.8.131.52, as recommended by Adobe Systems.
- Fixed SurfRight Helper to properly detect Dutch IE7 download window
- Improved speed of our custom Vista-like message boxes and fixed a potential lock up
- Improved downloading setups. Folder Packages is no longer used. Instead, Hitman Pro will put the nescessary files in folder Downloads under the Hitman Pro install folder. The folder Updates will be migrated to the new situation in the next Hitman Pro version.
- Improved Behavioral scan
- Fixed a problem where normal hidden files could get a cloaked grade (partial rootkit)
- Fixed a problem while generating file cache (used to speed up detection of partial rootkits)
- on certain systems an error occurred and Hitman would exit
- Improved converting path-less files to full path
- Added Systray balloon text when a suspicious process has a tray icon with a balloon
- Added Update icons to top behavioral scan parent
- Added Dutch translations
- Added automatic Consult Online Library to retrieve extra information for objects with inconclusive grade
- Added Google Search menu item to suspicious objects
- Added Jump To menu item to suspicious objects (will open folder containing the object)
- Fixed a problem enumerating WMI antivirus entries in Windows Security Center (problem could occur in some cicrumstances and Hitman would exit)
- Improved handling of Spy Sweeper 5
- request for restarting Windows is now properly handled during quarantine
- Added automatic cleaning of Threat Cache when nothing was added in 7 days (or size is bigger dan 256kB and nothing was added in 2 days)
- Added mouse cursors to certain controls (Hitman Pro user interface)