Het programma ScummVM is een crossplatform interpreter voor een aantal point-and-click adventure engines. Ondersteuning voor alle SCUMM-gebaseerde adventures van LucasArts, Simon the Sorcerer van AdventureSoft, en Beneath a Steel Sky en Broken Sword 2 van Revolution is aanwezig. Versie 0.9.1 met de release titel "PalmOS revived" is sinds kort beschikbaar en heeft de volgende aankondiging meegekregen:
Version 0.9.1 "PalmOS revived"
We are pleased to announce the 0.9.1 ScummVM bugfix release. There were lots of important bugfixes and small improvements. We are also glad that three additional platforms are now officially supported: Nintendo DS, GP2X and GP32. You can already download official DS and GP2X binaries, and the GP32 port will be available soon.
Some of the most significant bugfixes are:
For the complete list read the release notes. As usual, the builds are located on our downloads page.
- Many fixes for Humongous Entertainment games and better support for international versions of the games
- Improved detection of the FM-TOWNS version of Indy3
- Several fixes for The Feeble Files and more non-English versions are supported now
- Some parts of the Kyrandia engine were rewritten so the game needs less CPU power now, and thus works better on lower-end devices
- The PSP, PS2 and WinCE ports were greatly improved
- The PalmOS port is again up-to-date and features separate build for Tapwave Zodiac
- The WinCE port supports 2002 devices again