Hier het gesprek die ik met de oprichter (MarkHUK) van Xiaomi.eu heb gevoerd, ik doe het in het Engels zodat Mark en Xiaomi hierop kunnen reageren (als ze deze site al zien
1. Could you tell me why you wanted to close the site?
Sure, regular unfair treatment to the community, we have raised issues for many years and they still persist and unfortunately they like to give people a HOOK to lure them into MIUI to do the self-promotion marketing model and use the community to do all the hard work. When it comes down to it after working endlessly for 4 years on this work to be given no opportunity at the end if just unforgiveable for me and the others who've devoted so much of their time to Xiaomi.
2. What did Xiaomi had to say about this reason?
No real words of comment to put into the public at this point.
3. On Facebook you mentioned that you were outvoted by other teammembers for the closure of the site. Do you think that they will keep the site running or will it be just temporary open?
At this point I am not sure Kiswum, its hard to say at present. My feeling is to close it indefinitely but the other guys want to give it a chance and feel if we close the community will only diminish more.
4. What will happen with the current developers, translators and other volunteers if the site will be closed?
Probably move to Crowdin, and I am sure NONE of them want that! also partly why my other guys want the site to remain open.
5. You asked other fansites to close their site as well, what is the reason for that request?
Just to show support in the protest, i'm not forcing others to do this but do ask them to open their eyes to the bigger picture that is unfolding around us.
6. Do you know if other fansites have closed the site or thinking of it?
Yes but can't disclose this for now.
7. Is there a way Xiaomi could fix the problems that you have with them?
Unlikely at this point, its a sore subject and very sad day for me professionally and personally.
8. Particularly your site has a lot of fans, where can they go to if they have questions or need a translated ROM?
See question 3 and 4.
9. Is there something you want to say to the Dutch community?
Thanks for the support of xiaomi.eu and earlier project incarnations such as miui-dev.com, i'll personally miss a lot of people in the MIUI community but please keep in touch as i've started on some other exciting OS and Hardware related projects.
My own reaction:
Mark, thank you for this opportunity to clarify what's going on with the site and that I'm allowed to post it in this article. Although this is just one side of the story, I would like to hear more from Xiaomi. Please contact me to bring the other side of the story.