Zoom Player heeft een upgrade mogen ontvangen naar finalversie 3.20. Dit programma speelt de meest gangbare media-files af op de computer. Zoom Player is beschikbaar als freeware mediaspeler en kan in de geregistreerde professional-mode ook dvd-films afspelen. Hieronder zijn de veranderingen te lezen ten opzichte van versie 3.10:
- You can now select an alternative DVD Navigator filter when using Customized DVD Playback mode. Currently supported are the Microsoft, InterVideo and Cyberlink filter (previously, only the Microsoft filter was used). However! Both the Cyberlink and the InterVideo filters are SERIOUSLY flawed. If you use either one, expect problems.
- You can now define a Customized Video Renderer when using Customized Media and DVD Playback. This is useful when using a customized rendering device.
- Zoom Player now incorporates a new DSP engine filter courtesy of Milenko Mitrovic (DCoder). Right now it's charge of the Internal Equalizer, PreAmp controls ("Q" on the Keyboard or the EQ button on the GUI), Audio ReSync and Audio Track Identification (Matroska/OGG) and Switching (Any multi-track audio format). But I'm hoping to expand it to support user controlled DSP and Visualization plugins.
This filter is enabled by default, but if you installed any of the beta version and didn't enable it, you need to enable the filter support under "Options / Filter Control / Settings". You will also be prompted for this when opening the EQ dialog.
- New skin grouping code that allows you to segment the skin code into groups and then select which groups are active at any one time. This allows you to create modular skins, skins with different color sets that can be toggled through a button on the skin itself, or even an internal minimalistic skin.
- New Internal minimalistic skin ("F4" on the keyboard or the inner-arrowish button on the top of the default skin). Switching to this skin hides nearly all of the user interface elements, making it ideal if you quickly want to pin the video in the corner of the screen (remember, by default holding ctrl while dragging with the left mouse clicked will move the entire window). This new skin is created using skin groups and you can see how it works by viewing the default.skn file in any text editor.
- 4 new "ex" functions allowing you to toggle, enable or disable skin groups for the active skin, open "default.key" file in any text editor for more information. There's also some examples in the default skin and some more background in the Brownish.skn file.
- New "ex" function allowing you to set the volume level, open the "default.key" file in any text editor for more information.
- New Skin Code variable "ActiveGroups" which determines which Skin Groups are enabled by default when first loading the skin.
- The entire Fast Forward, Rewind and Rate Control systems have changed for Media Mode (DVD Remains the same). Fast Forward is now based on Quick Seeking as rewind has previously been used. A new Fast Play function (Shift+"Z") is now in place and acts the same as the previous method of fast forwarding (In Media Mode only). The Rate Control bar on the user interface now works as Fast Forward/Rewind in media mode as well and you can actually specify the rates under "Options / Values / Playback".
- New Play List Editor right-click context menu which makes it easier to access the Play List Editing functions.
- New "Play all files in this Directory" meta tags on the File and Media Library Navigators allowing people using a remote to skip the use of the INSERT button.
- Two new functions "fnResyncAhead" (Shift+"+") and "fnResyncBack" (Shift+"-") allowing you to dynamically resync the Audio in 10ms increments. The Internal Audio Processing filter must be loaded for this function to work (Options / Filter Control / Settings).
- New "fnOpenURL" function (Shift+"U", also available through the right-click context menu) allowing you to open URLs directly.
- Zoom Player now supports the Morgan Stream Switcher just in case it is installed and so you can retain Multi-Audio support for media files. However! Certain versions of the Morgan Stream Switcher breaks support for the Zoom Player Audio Filter (EQ/DSP), so make sure you use at least version 0.99 of this filter.
- New Definition File function "SetBalance" allowing you to set the Audio LEFT/RIGHT balance. There's an additional "SaveBalance" function to be used with the "zplayer.zdf" file which instructs Zoom Player as to which values are automatically saved in Definition Files. See "default.df" for more information.
- New Definition File function "SetEQ" allowing you to set the Equalizer Values. There's an additional "SaveEQ" function to be used with the "zplayer.zdf" file which instructs Zoom Player as to which values are automatically saved in Definition Files. See "default.df" for more information.
- New Definition File function "SetPreAmp" allowing you to set the PreAmp Values. There's an additional "SavePreAmp" function to be used with the "zplayer.zdf" file which instructs Zoom Player as to which values are automatically saved in Definition Files. See "default.df" for more information.
- New Sigma Designs XCard profile for Customized DVD Playback. Haven't tested it myself as I don't really have an XCard.
- Improved the Customized Media Playback Audio/Video decoder and splitter setup dialogs to allow forcing a decoder only to accept specific file extensions. This allows you to create two or more different profiles for playing back the same media types.
For example, you could use one decoder entry to use a specific decoder for "TS/TP" MPEG2 Transport files, another decoder for "MPG/M2V" for standard MPEG2 decoding such as SVCD and yet a third decoder for "VOB" to be used on extracted DVD Content.
To associate forced extensions, open up the decoder entry and click on the advanced button, from there you can easily add extensions. Only these extensions would be played by this entry. Duplicate the entry and use a different set of extensions and filter profiles as you see fit.
- New "Filter Properties" button on the Customized Media Playback Audio and Video Decoder profile editor allowing you to open the filter property page of the selected filter (may not work with all filters as some require a Playing File).
- When saving Zoom Player Play Lists (ZPL), the last played item is remembered and restored once the lists are reloaded (Can be disabled under "Options / Settings / Playback").
- New "DefaultSettings.exe" Mini-Utility to reset the Zoom Player registry settings in case you need to return Zoom Player to its default state.
- Support for one-level Matroska Chaptering (Next/Previous Chapter and Chapter Navigator). No idea what happens if you try to feed in a multi-level chaptered Matroska file as I haven't encountered any so far.
- Automatic Support for Gabest AVI Splitter when dealing with incomplete AVI files. For this to work, you must have the filter registered and the Load Incomplete AVI Files setting enabled (Only on Professional version). The benefit of Gabest' filter is that it allows you to seek in the middle of AVI files even without seeking to keyframes. You may see corrupt motion vectors until a key frame is reached, but at least seeking is instantaneous. Download Filter at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli
- Along with Dimitar Pankov, I've formulated a structure in which Masked Automatic Segment loading works. By specifying a mask string, you can control how additional Media File Segments will be loaded automatically into the Play List.
The formula is pretty flexible, allowing you to specify multiple masks which can include both a prefix and a suffix. For Example, "?of" would work for "My Video 1of2.avi" -> "My Video 2of2.avi"
"CD?" would work for "My Movie CD1.avi" -> "My Movie CD2.avi"
"[?" would work for "Movie [1 of 2].avi" -> "Movie [2 of 2].avi"
"(?" would work for "Movie (1 of 2).avi" -> "Movie (2 of 2).avi"
And so forth... Auto Segment Load is optional under "Options / Values / Other" and can slow down play list loads when dealing with massive play list (1000's of items, no slow down on on small play lists).
- Zoom Player now supports Extended MultiMedia control devices such as MultiMedia keyboards and additional buttons on explorer-type mice. I've included a few default commands, but you can expand/modify these, so take a look at "default.key" using a text editor.
- New Button on the Association options dialog allowing you to load Icon Definition Files to automatically set the icons for all the extensions that have an association.
- With the new filter support by Gabest, Zoom Player (and any other directshow based player) can now be used to play most Real Media files! For more information, see: http://www.inmatrix.com/articles/mediasetup.shtml
- New Customized Media Playback profiles for VP6 video content. Please note that the latest version of Gabests' AVI Splitter seems to be incompatible with this video format and will cause division by zero errors if installed and customized media mode is not used.
- Added customized profiles for Real Media.
- Can now associate the Real Media file extensions.
- Can now associate AAC and APE extensions.
- Can now associate the MKA (Matroska Audio) extension.
- Can now associate the VP6 (On2 VP6) extension.
- You can now specify the Width and Height of the virtual video are when no video or folder image is present for a playing file (Options / OSD / ID3).
- You can now load ".Trailers" files through the open dialog just through a standard parameter in order to have them insert trailer files prior to other specified media/dvd files.
"x:\path\to\zplayer.exe" "x:\trl\intro.trailers" "x:\vid\movie.avi"
When passed through a command line parameter, Trailer files will always insert their specified media files before any other files passed in a parameter.
- New "LoadMaskRandomTrailer" Trailers function allowing you to recursively load specific random file masks as trailers, see "default.trailers" file in any text editor for more information.
- New Graph Information dialog under the Right-Click Filter Properties context menu. Within this dialog you can see a lot of useful information about the currently playing graph, such as which filters are connected, the library in which each filter is contained, the currently loaded file within source filters, etc...
- New Setting (Options / Filter Control / Settings) *Professional ONLY* allowing Zoom Player to open files as they are being written to by other applications (such as DVB captures and P2P networks). Thanks to Gabest for the idea and Mathias Rauen for help with the implementation.
- New Setting (Options / Filter Control / Settings) allowing you to enable/disable the Equalizer and PreAmp. The setting is also linked to a button on the EQ Window.
- New Setting (Options / Filter Control / Settings) allowing you to enable/disable QuickTime ActiveX support. At this point in time, not all QuickTime files can be played by DirectShow, this setting when enabled (enabled by default), uses the QuickTime ActiveX control to play QuickTime files. Using the ActiveX control instead of DirectShow means that you lose certain capabilities and stability may be sketchy, but until such a time where there are DirectShow decoders available for the various QuickTime codecs, there is no other choice.
- New Setting (Options / Filter Control / Settings) allowing you to to set the Equalizer Range. The default is 12db (like WinAmp 2.xx), but by enabling this setting you can set the range to 20db.
- New Setting (Options / OSD / Navigators) that determines whether the Source Folders for the Media Library Navigator is visible (default on).
- New Setting (Options / OSD / Navigators) that determines whether the "All" Category is included in the Media Library Navigator.
- New Setting (Options / Settings / Interface) allowing you to have a media file name pop when opened.
- New Setting (Options / Settings / Playback) allowing the Zoom Player window to be moved to the front when play is pressed.
- New Setting (Options / Settings / Playback) that allows skipping to the next file in the play list if the file currently being played is invalid.
- New Value (Options / Values / Other) allowing you to set the default directory for the Open Dialog and the File Navigator. When a path is specified, the Open Dialog and the File Navigator will always open in the specified folder.
- New Value (Options / Values / Playback) allowing you to set the preferred Media File Audio Track (with formats that support multiple audio tracks).
- New Value (Options / Values / Playback) allowing you to set the preferred Media File Subtitle Track.
- New Navigator Value (Options / OSD / Navigators) allowing you to specify a margin if the navigator is set to align with one of the screen corners.
- New "/AUDIO" Command Line Parameter allowing you to start a media file with a specified Audio Track enabled. Usage: "/AUDIO:[n]", where "n" is a number from 0 onwards (0 being the first audio track). Example: "/AUDIO:2".
- New "/SUB" Command Line Parameter allowing you to start a media file with a specified Subtitle Track enabled. Usage: "/SUB:[n]", where "n" is a number from 0 onwards (0 being the first subtitle track). Example: "/SUB:2".
- New "/SEEK" Command Line Parameter allowing you to start a media file in a specified position. Usage: "/SEEK:hh:mm:ss" where HH = Hours, MM = Minutes and SS = Seconds Example: "/SEEK:01:15:32" In which playback would start at 1 hour, 15 minutes and 32 seconds.
- New "/KEYDVD" Command Line Parameter allowing you to set the DVD Key file. Example: "/KEYDVD:C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\dvd.key"
- Three new "ex" functions: exSeekAhead allows you to seek forward a specified number of seconds. exSeekBack allows you to seek backward a specified number of seconds. exSeekTo allows you to seek to a Specified position. See "default.key" file for more information on using "ex" functions.
- Several new functions added to the Mouse Middle Click toggle.
- I have added support for FLIC file playback to the customized media mode. For decoding to work, you'll need the open-sourced filter at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/
- Can associate the DTS extension and a few Customized Media Mode DTS profiles (Source & Decoder) thrown into the mixed.
- Additional Customized Media Profiles for DTS in AVI files.
- Zoom Player now supports GTSDLL: http://www.adv-clan.com/gts-stuff/
- All the navigator interfaces (with the exception of the Web URL Navigator) are now only accessible in the Professional version of Zoom Player. I felt this step was required as to further differentiate between the Standard and Professional versions.
- Made some modification to the Graph Creation code that disables FPU exceptions. Hopefully this will bypass issues with filters that raise these exceptions (such as the "InterVideo Audio Processor FX" filter).
- When using the Next/Previous Skip/Jump/Seek commands in DVD Mode, the Microsoft DVD Navigator used to queue all these commands in sequence and then perform them one after the other rather slowly, in some cases, it may actually freeze. I modified DVD seeking so that instead of actually seeking after each command, Zoom Player will queue these commands internally and not execute them until after about 2 seconds. Each consecutive seeking command resets this timer, so at the end, only one seek command is being sent to the DVD Navigator. This actually allows for faster DVD Seeking as the DVD Navigator isn't messing up multiple seek decoding buffers and other nasty stuff. This modified DVD seeking mode also applies to seeking using the timeline.
- Redesigned the Control Bar. It's now more unified and the buttons are slightly bigger.
- Fast Forward and Rewind in DVD Mode will now work even if you were previously paused.
- Pressing Enter on the right-pane of the File Navigator will only open CD-ROM type devices and not hard drive in order to prevent accidental issues where Zoom Player would search your entire hard drive for media files.
- When saving a Play List you will now be prompted with a dialog asking you how the file path information should be saved: 1. Full Path to files 2. Relative Path to files 3. Don't save any Path information
- I have split the keyboard file into a DVD and Media entry. Using two keyboard files you can have the same scan keys (or remote buttons) mapped to two different commands dependant on DVD or Media mode.
- The DVD Play & Stop functions have changed a bit. When opening an IFO file off the hard disk, and then pressing Stop and Play again, the image playing from hard disk will resume, instead of scanning the drives checked for a DVD Disc. Pressing Stop twice and then pressing play will search the drives as before (an OSD message "Stop & Clear" will show on the second Stop).
- The "exDVDChapter" function has been renamed to "exChapterTrack" and now works for both DVD and Media modes. In DVD Mode it allows you to key-in a two digit chapter. In Media mode it allows you to key-in a two digit play list track number. This function is only really useful for remote control devices.
- New safty code that prevents the options dialog from opening off-screen. In some cases, you could have had the options dialog moved off screen (multi-monitor display), then the next time you'd open it, the dialog would be invisible (off-screen).
- New safety check that prevents more than 999 chapters to exist on a DVD Title (per-DVD Specification). May help issue with screwed up DVXCOPY XPRESS authoring prior to version 5.2.1.
- The Chapter/Bookmark Editor is now resizable.
- The order Zoom Player checks for Chapter Files has been changed. Zoom Player will first look at the specified alternative path, then at the local path and finally at the same location as the media file.
- Zoom Player now assumes that Media files that don't specify a frame rate are playing at 29.976fps. If the actual playback is not at this rate, it has no real significance, however assuming this frame rate gives a more accurate seeking.
- When the mouse hovers over the Control Bar, using the mouse wheel will now Skip Backward/Forward, regardless of any other mouse wheel setting.
- Snap to Screen Edge has been renamed to "Snap to Screen/Windows" and will now snap the Zoom Player user interface (along with the EQ and Play List Editor) to both screen edges and to other Zoom Player Windows (Main Interface/Equalizer/Play List).
- Can now accept Radio stations and URLs as command line parameters.
- The Reset Window Position function available by right-clicking the Zoom Player Task Bar entry will now also reset the position of the Play List and Equalizer dialogs if they somehow get forgotten off-screen.
- The Scene Cut Editor now works on a Millisecond accuracy rather than a Second accuracy. This should provide for a slightly more accurate seeking.
- Added MainConcept MPEG Decoder profiles to the pertinent sections on the Customized Media Playback dialog.
- The "|..|" to go up one directory in the navigators has been changed to "|.. Previous Directory ..|" to be more Wife Friendly.
- In the media library there were two different type of "All" functionality. One would be the ALL media navigator category which would show every file on every category and the other was the ALL category association which would mean that a specified directory would be assigned to all categories. To minimize confusion, I've changed the naming to "Global" instead of "All".
- Opening the Chapter Navigator will now highlight the current Chapter when the Internal Zoom Player chapters are used.
- Modified the Customized Media Mode so that it could automatically accept source filters which are also splitter filters.
- Modified the way Multi-Audio AVI/MKV/OGM is handled so that it could copy with multiple WMA audio tracks.
- The /R parameter allowing you to change the display resolution now accepts a 5th parameter indicating which monitor you want the new resolution set to, for Example: "/R: (1024,768,32,85,2)" where the "2" is the second monitor.
- When changing the resolution using the "/R" command line parameter, the original resolution is restored when exiting Zoom Player.
- You can now pass the "/OpenDrive" command line parameter to a running instance of Zoom Player.
- If running Zoom Player for the very first time from a CD drive, Zoom Player will no longer prompt you for the preferred CD drive, but instead use the drive it's running from (to prevent any pop-up dialogs from showing in case you want to use Zoom Player for instant playback on a new system).
- The last played items will now be moved to the bottom of the Play History list.
- The keyboard macro for "Source Relative Stretch" has been changed from "H" to Ctrl+"H" to eliminate accidental activation.
- Possible improvement to QuickTime playback.
- The options dialog is now more spacious.
- A "play" OSD Message is now shown when pressing play after a rewind/fastforward in DVD Mode.
- Wrote some work-around code for filters that raise FPU exception errors when they are created (Like the InterVideo Audio Processor FX filter). These filters should now work as they do in GraphEdit, but they may still be unstable.
- Possible crash when trying to use an unsupported color control.
- Possible crash with seamless playback and overlay mixer.
- Fixed a scanline error crash if DVD Image was disabled and an Audio-Only file was played.
- Preferred DVD Subtitle Language should now work properly.
- Preferred DVD Audio Language should now work properly.
- When using Multiple Video Filters in a Customized Media Mode profile and then playing a video file with subtitles would have inserted the DirectVobSub filter in the middle of the filter list instead of at the end.
- Opening entire directories or drives will no longer open play lists (so that multiple entries of the same file won't be opened at once). Opening directories may even be a bit faster now.
- The Customized Media Mode Profile for the "XVID MPEG-4 Decoder" actually pointed by accident to FFDShow instead, fixed.
- Using the arrow keys to move the user interface window could actually make the window disappear on a single click.
- The /F:[n] and /Z:[n] parameters were not always working properly.
- ID3 tags on unicode file names should now load properly.
- ID3 should now displays even if the setting to load the folder images is disabled.
- Minimizing to System Tray only, should no longer steal focus when playing new tracks.
- Playing several IFO files in the Play List will no longer stop playback after the first IFO file.
- The Goto Navigator can no longer be scaled beyond the size of the screen.
- The Source Relative Aspect Ratio Calculator button couldn't be clicked.
- Mouse Cursor doesn't move offscreen while you're in fullscreen and using some interface.
- Mouse Cursor will now re-hide when opening a new track in media mode if an Overlay was in use.
- The File and Media Library Navigators no longer displays hidden directories.
- Clips that report zero duration should no longer seek to the start every second.
- The /AR command line now has range checking so you won't be able to set non-existing aspect ratio modes.
- Exporting the settings would not export any changed settings since the options dialog was opened.
- Changing the resolution on fullscreen should now work with non-primary monitors.
- Can now use decimal points in the Custom AR preset lists.
- Double clicking the Play List Editor Scroll Bar won't play the item next to the mouse cursor anymore.
- Cosmetic issue, when deleting items off the play list, the selection bar disappeared.
- The Play History was not saving the current "Last Played" date.