Ubiquiti Networks heeft versie 1.10.7 uitgebracht van de firmware voor de EdgeMax EdgeRouters. De EdgeRouters kenmerken zich door uitgebreide instelmogelijkheden, maar vergen wel enige netwerkkennis om het goed draaiend te krijgen. Ook zijn lang niet alle instellingen via de gui aan te passen en zul je dus via de commandline aan de gang moeten. De lijst met veranderingen ziet er als volgt uit:
Enhancements and bug fixes:
- [Bootloader] - Latest bootloaders are included in EdgeOS firmware image. Admin needs to run "add system boot-image" from CLI in order to upgrade bootloader. Manual reboot is needed in order apply new bootloader.
- [Discovery] - UBNT discovery daemon listens and responds to IPv6 discovery requests
- [Discovery] - UBNT discovery daemon can be configured to listen to TCP discovery requests (by default it listens to UDP only). This feature can be enbled with "set service ubnt-discover-server protocol tcp_udp" CLI command.
- [WebGUI] - Fix regression in v1.10.6 when false-positive "There was an error upgrading the system (OSError)" error message was displayed when upgrading firmware via WebGUI. In fact new firmware image was successfully installed and you can safely ignore this error message and reboot ER in order to boot new firmware.
- [Interface] - Fixed bug in ER-Infinity when eth0 VLAN interface dropped 1500 byte incoming packets even if MTU was set to 1500
- [Interface] - Fixed bug in ER-Infinity when link on SFP-copper module was always ON even if Ethernet cable was unplugged
- [PoE] - Fixed bug when PoE remained enabled after "Factory Reset" was performed on EP-R8/ER-6P/ER-12/ER-12P/ER-X/ER-X-SFP/EP-R6.
- [Upgrade] - Fixed bug when ER-X/ER-X-SFP/EP-R6 failed to boot new firmware if bad-block was present in kernel partition when doing firmware upgrade
- [Bootloader] - Show MD5 checksum of current bootloader in "show system boot-image" CLI command.
- [Bootloader] - Fixed bug when "show system boot-image" CLI command failed in ER-4/ER-6P/ER-12.
- [LED] - Fixed LED light/blinking behaviour (requires manual bootloader upgrade via "add system boot-image" CLI command). LED light/blinking description is available here
- [OSPFv3] - Fixed bug when OSPFv3 "instance-id" was not updated.
- [VPLS] - Fixed bug when ER failed to establish VPLS/BGP session with non-UBNT routers because it did not fully comply with RFC-4761. Keep in mind that after fixing this bug all older EdgeOS firmwares (v1.10.6 and older) will not be able to establish VPLS/BGP session with ER v1.10.7. It is required that all ERs inside VPLS network to be upgraded to v1.10.7 or newer.
- [Interface] - Fix bug that caused "Commit failure" when deleting VLAN interface with custom MTU
- [DHCP] - Fix vulnerability that prevents DHCP clients from registering hostnames "unifi", "wpad" and "isatap". Hosts with these names can still obtain DHCP leases, but their hostname will be ignored, for both dnsmasq and dhcpd as DHCP server. See CERT Vulnerability Note VU#598349
- [DHCP] - Fixed bug when DHCP server sometimes failed to restart during reconfiguration and died with "There's already a DHCP server running" message in syslog
- [DHCP] - Fix bug when illegal DHCP server configuration was passed to dhcpd and caused it to silently die.
- [DNS] - Fix bug when DNS forwarding via DHCP client interface sometimes did not work at all if DHCP lease was acquired after configuring DNS forwarding
- [CLI] - Fix bug when "set" command failed after doing "discard" in CLI