Versie 8.1.0 van MKVToolNix is uitgekomen. Met deze verzameling opensourceprogramma's kunnen Matroska-bestanden worden bekeken, bewerkt en geconverteerd. Zo kunnen geluidssporen en ondertiteling worden toegevoegd, verwijderd of juist als standaard worden ingesteld. Het zijn afzonderlijke commandline-tools, maar er wordt ook een grafische gebruikersinterface meegeleverd. Versies kunnen worden gedownload voor Windows, een groot aantal Linux-distributies en OS X. In deze release zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen aangebracht:
MKVToolNix v8.1.0 released
I’ve released MKVToolNix v8.1.0 just eight days after 8.0.0. It incorporates a big amount of feedback on the new MKVToolNix GUI from users. Major bugs have been squashed, many usability enhancements have been implemented and even a couple of new features were added. If you’re using 8.0.0 I urge you to upgrade. As this release comes so quickly after the last one I have also decided to keep the old GUI around until at least 8.3.0 (the prior plan was to drop it after 8.2.0).
Here’s the full ChangeLog since the previous release:
- mmg: bug fix: fixed handling of the characters [ and ] in container and track properties.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool enhancement: moved the »output file name« controls below the three tabs so they’re always visible. Also added an option in the preferences to move them back inside the »output« tab. Implements #1266.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: added a function for generating a certain number of evenly spaced sub-chapter. Implements #1291.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed various menu entries not working correctly after closing a tab or switching to another one. Fixes #1301.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new chapter editor feature: implemented loading chapter entries from Blu-ray playlists.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: added menu entries for acknowledging both warnings and errors at the same time.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: if »automatically set the file title« is enabled then the title field will be cleared after all source files have been removed.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new watch jobs tool feature: the first tab showing the output of the current job has been changed to show the output of all jobs that have been run since the GUI’s been started. This can be turned off in the preferences so that only the output of the currently running job is shown again. Implements #1263.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed a crash when enabling/disabling chapters coming from an appended file. Fixes #1293.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new merge tool feature: added an option to set a directory relative to the first input file as the default output directory. Implements #1261.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: it was possible to set the »default track flag« to »yes« for multiple tracks of the same type. Fixes #1289.
- MKVToolNix GUI: enhancement: the »open file« dialogs for the chapter and header editor tools will use the same directory that was last used in the merge tool. Fixes #1290.
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: fixed reading the »default track« flag of tracks from added Matroska files. Fixes #1281.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added a check box to the track/chapters/tags/attachments list. This offers an additional way of toggling the »mux this« state of entries, same as the drop down box on the right and as double-clicking on the item already did. Implements #1277.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: when appending files with multiple tracks of a type (e.g. multiple audio tracks) then all tracks of that kind would get assigned to the first track of that kind of the file they’re appended to. Now the second audio track from the appended file is appended to the second audio track of the existing file, the third to the third etc. Fixes #1257.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed automatic output file name re-generation when the mux status of tracks changes. Fixes #1253.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option for always using the suggested description and not asking the user when adding a job to the queue. Implements #1288.
- MKVToolNix GUI: job queue enhancement: added the shortcut Ctrl+R for the menu entry »start all pending jobs«. Implements #1287.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an option to always treat files dragged & dropped external applications as being added circumventing the question what to do with them (add, append or add as additional parts). This option is enabled by default changing the default behavior from release 8.0.0. Implements #1259.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: added an optional action after starting a job or adding one to the queue. This can be either to create whole new settings or to only remove all input files. Implements #1254.
- mmg: bug fix: the deprecation warning will only be shown once. Fixes #1252.
- Installer for Windows: enhancement: associated the .mtxcfg files with MKVToolNix GUI. Implements #1258.
- MIME and desktop files: enhancement: added file associations for .mtxcfg with MKVToolNix GUI. Implements #1258.
- MKVToolNix GUI: new feature: implemented command line handling. You can open configuration files, add files to merge jobs, open files in the chapter or header editors. Implements #1209.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: fixed recognition of (E)AC3 audio tracks using a FourCC of »ec-3«. Fixes #1272.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed attachments not being merged into the file in certain situations. Fixes #1260.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed showing existing attachments present in source files in the »tracks, chapters, tags and attachments« list. Fixes #1256.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the jobs created when appending files were incorrect resulting in an error message from mkvmerge. Fixes #1271.
- mkvpropedit: bug fix: fixed a warning about »edit specifications resolving to the same track« when changing the track properties and setting tags for the same track simultaneously. Fixes #1247.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: the output/destination file name is cleared when all files are removed. Fixes #1265.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed command line escaping for empty arguments. Fixes #1270.
- MKVToolNix GUI: merge tool bug fix: fixed creating files without a title if one of the input files contains a file title. Fixes #1264.
- MKVToolNix GUI: bug fix: if the job removal policy is set to »remove even if there were warnings« then jobs that were muxed without warnings weren’t removed. Fixes #1262.
- Build system: fixed inclusion of desktop files for the two GUIs for Debian/Ubuntu packages. Fixes #1255.