CorsixTH is een opensource-clone van het door Bulfrog in 1997 uitgegeven spel Theme Hospital, waarin de speler een ziekenhuis moet ontwerpen en uitbaten. Om CorsixTH te kunnen spelen zijn overigens wel de databestanden van het originele spel nodig. Downloads zijn beschikbaar voor Windows, Linux en OS X, en tegenwoordig is er ook een Android-versie beschikbaar. Het spel kan in een hogere resolutie dan het origineel worden gespeeld, is in meer talen beschikbaar en bevat diverse kleine verbeteringen. Bijna alle mogelijkheden van het origineel zijn al aanwezig, maar het is de bedoeling dat er in de toekomst ook nieuwe zaken worden toegevoegd. De changelog voor versie 0.40 ziet er als volgt uit:
- Added: Epidemics. You can either choose to pay a fine to the authorities or try to cover up the epidemic by vaccinating and curing the contagious patients. Patients going between buildings will NOT trigger the alarm to the authorities.
- Added: The Grim Reaper. Previously patients have always gone to heaven when they die. No more! Sometimes they will instead fall down to the middle of the earth in a Lava Hole.
- Added: People with visual diseases will no longer arrive at the beginning of the level if that has been specified in the level file. Instead they arrive once a certain amount of months have passed.
- Added: If you refuse VIP visits a few times he can sometimes show up anyway.
- Change: Machine usage and explosions are now based on absolute number of uses. A machine that goes down to 0 will explode. Previously they were percentage based.
- Fix: The game would crash if you sacked a doctor in a room while a patient was using some equipment in that room.
- Fix: Sometimes the emergency bonus was not correctly calculated.
- Fix: Patients could die inside a room. They will now die outside the room unless they are just being cured.
- Fix: If winning the level at end of year the annual report would hide the winning fax.
- Fix: If there was no queue to a room a leaving staff member would not trigger a call for staff for the patient who had to abort their procedure in that room.
- Fix: If a handyman had pending tasks when he died in an exploding room the game could crash.
- Fix: A surgeon that is removed in mid-operation will now get properly replaced by a new one.
- Fix: If the GP room was built too early in the tutorial the game would crash when building a GP room later on if debug mode was turned off.
- Fix: Patients would try to enter an exploding room. As you can imagine, this was bad.
- Fix: Psychiatrists would become shut-ins and just wander about their office forever.
- Fix: Patients leaving the queue to get a drink could be left to sit on a bench forever.
- Added: Tooltips for the increase and decrease buttons in the research screen.
- Added: A sound that indicates if a screenshot was taken successfully.
- Added: Any dialog that pops up, such as the award screen, pauses the game.
- Added: 'Continue Game' in the main menu.
- Fix: Sometimes the game would not pause on year end.
- Fix: Staff raise description was hard to read in some languages
- Fix: The current language setting is translated and consistent with the options in the list.
- Fix: Instead of turning into a Bloaty Head, Baldness patients will die with gracious hair.
- Fix: Patients will no longer fall through walls when dying.
- Fix: Dying Hairyitis patients should not lose their head when on the floor.
- Added: 'Z' temporarily moves the game at maximum speed. Release to go back to the previous speed.
- Added: 'X' makes walls transparent until released.
- Added: Use the Numpad to change game speed.
- Added: Arrow key hotkeys in the staff management screen.
- Added: Press and hold on + and - when buying furniture to repeat the action.
- Change: Quick Save is now Shift+Alt+S, Quick Load is Shift+Alt+L.
- Change: "Plot" is used instead of "Parcel" to indicate where a handyman has been zoned to work in the Handyman staff dialog.
- Most languages have been updated since our last release, but if you find that your language has not, please help us to finish it!
Library Changes (Windows)
- Added: New flag for CMAKE: 'WITH_LUAJIT'. This way you can choose to use either LuaJIT or Lua5.1.
- Added: CMake toolchain for building with MinGW.
- Added: New debug menu option 'Run debug Script' that executes/Lua/debug_script.lua
- Improved OSX CMake scripts
- ffmpeg is now 2.2.3
- freetype is now 2.5.3 and statically linked
- Update to LuaJIT 2.0.3