CorsixTH is een opensource-clone van het door Bulfrog in 1997 uitgegeven spel Theme Hospital, waarin de speler een ziekenhuis moet ontwerpen en uitbaten. Om CorsixTH te kunnen spelen zijn overigens wel de databestanden van het originele spel nodig. Downloads zijn beschikbaar voor Windows, Linux en OS X, en tegenwoordig is er ook een Android-versie beschikbaar. Het spel kan in een hogere resolutie dan het origineel worden gespeeld, is in meer talen beschikbaar en bevat diverse kleine verbeteringen. Bijna alle mogelijkheden van het origineel zijn al aanwezig, maar het is de bedoeling dat er in de toekomst ook nieuwe zaken worden toegevoegd. De changelog voor versie 0.30 ziet er als volgt uit:
- Change: You can now build more than one desk in the ward. More nurses means a slightly faster throughput.
- Change: Patients would previously queue outside toilets even though there were
- free loos since it was dependant on number of people in the room. Now, as soon
- as a loo becomes free another patient enters the room to use it,
- even if there is a long queue for the sink).
- If there is a queue for the sinks there is a chance the patient will leave
- without washing their hands - but will not be happy about doing this.
- Added: The ability to control alien behaviour - sitting, knocking doors,
- only to be available through emergency or arrive like all other patients.
- Added: Winning fax opens automatically and pauses the game.
- Added: Option to automatically accept wage increase requests when they "time out".
- Added: A new option allows for your average build content for each type of room
- to be remembered, so will be added for each new room built later.
- Fix: Doctors should get stuck less often, and handymen should not crash the
- game as frequently.
- Fix: It was not possible to replace a surgeon when a patient was in the room.
- Fix: Patients would sometimes get stuck inside a room when they should have died.
- Added: A new customization menu in the Options dialog. Most options from the configuration file are now available for change in-game.
- Added: A new directory menu in the Options dialog.
- Added: The game does now check for a more recent version of itself when launching.
- Added: A helpful message when the player puts more Researchers in the research department than there are desks.
- Added: The game now does a small integrity check on the Theme Hospital files to make sure that the most common corruptions are not present.
- Added: Confirm dialog to the quit/exit button on the main menu.
- Fix: The tooltip for the tutorial button was incorrect since the dialog
- has been visually changed.
- Fix: The announcer has had a few corrections made to his manuscripts.
- He is very happy about this!
- Removed: The settings menu is no longer available from within the game.
- Some hotkeys have been changed and/or added:
- Alt + A = Toggle Announcements
- Alt + M = Toggle Music
- Alt + S = Toggle Sound Effects
- Shift and + to zoom in five steps and Shift and - to zoom out five steps at a time.
- Fix: An error in level 8 made it possible to win without meeting the reputation criterion.
- Change: For random emergencies each illness now has its own average number of
- patients to spawn. Previously they were all the same.
- Fix: Researching improvements was not really possible on some custom levels,
- i.e. if the map creator had made it so there were no machines at the start.
- Fix: When winning the demo level CorsixTH looked for another level to load, showing the wrong fax options and eventually crashing.
- Added: Korean language.
- Fix: It was not possible to dump strings for a language with unicode
- characters in the name.
- Fix: You could not compile the game with WITH_AUDIO=0 if SDL_mixer was not present at all.
- Fix: WITH_AUDIO=OFF is now illegal in combination with WITH_MOVIES=ON.