De updates voor versie 4.0 van Data Crow volgen elkaar in rap tempo op. Versie 4.0.7, de zesde update in nog geen maand tijd, is uitgekomen. Dit catalogusprogramma kan orde scheppen in de chaos van zo'n beetje elke verzameling, of het nu om boeken, cd's, dvd's, foto's of mediabestanden gaat. Waar mogelijk wordt allerlei relevante en aanvullende informatie van internet gehaald, zoals bij IMDb, Amazon of Bol.com. Het programma is opensource en in java geschreven, en het is dan ook eenvoudig om aanpassingen in het uiterlijk of de functionaliteit te doen. Sinds versie 4.0 bestaat het programma uit een aparte server- en cliëntapplicatie. Sinds versie 4.0.4 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
Data Crow 4.0.7New
- The old reporting engine has been removed. This version now features full support for Jasper Reports (http://community.jaspersoft.com/project/jaspersoft-studio). The main benefits of this switch is that it is no longer required to created separate reports (XLST scripting files) for PDF and HTML reports. The reports of JasperReports can be saved as PDF, RTF and HTML. Additionally you can use the free Jaspersoft Studio Software to create reports, graphically. This brings a lot more power to the reporting capabilities of Data Crow. Data Crow generates the reports on the exported XML files.
- Apache Fop and Avalon Framework (discontinued) have been dropped from this release.
- Icons for message and question boxes have been changed, making use of Java 7 features.
- Error on startup when the images were supposed to be migrated to the new location.
- NullPointerException when importing files which already are registered in the system.
- Fixed an issue with saving child items.
- Removed defective library which caused image import errors.
- Item Importer bug has been fixed which could cause field values not to be imported correctly.
- Still some numbering inconsistencies for music tracks.
Data Crow 4.0.6Fixed
- A NullPointerException for the item import has been fixed.
- Potential NullPointerException in case a query fails.
- Logging panel was registered too late in the startup process; missing messages.
- A bug has been fixed where the module importer consumed too much memory. This occurred for larger module exports holding an x number of large images. As an added benefit it works now much faster.
- Server startup error; modules could not be loaded.
- Record label list is now sorted by name.
- Fixed an issue where the quick filter bar is shown underneath the toolbar. The quick filter is now placed directly on the toolbar itself. The setting [toggle quick filter] has now been removed.
- The Drive Manager functionality was broken.
- Resource Editor save issues.
- File Tree panel inconsistencies have been resolved.
- New Item Wizard
- pictures not saved for newly saved items.
- Create Multiple Items lacked the option to save.
- The help (F1) has been updated to explain the Quick Search functionality.
- The German translation has been updated; thanks to Ralf Geiss!
- On startup after any upgrade you'll be asked whether you want to use the new translation files.
- File tree panel now shows folder icon for folders which are present on the file system.
- Splash screen was shown quite late in the startup process.
Data Crow 4.0.5Fixed
- Data Crow hangs in case there are unsaved changes in the table view on exiting.
- In rare cases the grouping pane showed zero items while x number of items are present.
- CSV and XML import issues have been fixed.
- Module naming inconsistencies which caused the alter module wizard to fail for various modules, such as the book and container module.
- Items with ID's created before 2006 were not shown anymore in the tree views when clicking on a node.
- Behind the scenes, the view was loaded twice on the initial startup.
- "Retrieve Music Albums" now adds the retrieved CD information to the overview.
- Required field check failure; items were not check upon required fields.
- Record label module; name is now required and checked for uniqueness. Note that custom Record Label settings will be reset to accommodate for this minor change.