EMDB, wat staat voor Eric's Movie Database, is een gratis programma waarmee een filmcollectie kan worden beheerd. Ondanks dat de download slechts 2MB groot is, beschikt het over uitgebreide functionaliteit. Zo kan relevante informatie van IMDb worden opgehaald, kan er bijgehouden worden welke films uitgeleend zijn en kunnen films die op de harde schijf staan direct vanuit het programma gestart worden. EMDB kan in diverse talen worden gebruikt, waaronder in het Nederlands. Zo'n twee weken geleden is versie 1.99 van EMDB uitgekomen, dit is de changelog van de afgelopen paar maanden:
Changes in version 1.99:
Changes in version 1.98:
- Database: Fixed grouping selected in the Add / Edit Movies screen was incorrectly stored in the database.
Changes in version 1.97:
- TV Series: Fixed main cover sometimes got lost when updating a TV Series from TheTVDb in the TV Series details screen.
- CSV import: Fixed importing of the Media properties.
- IMDb import: Fixed importing of the covers.
- IMDb import: Fixed importing of directors for TV Series.
- IMDb import: IMDb changed the rating shown on the main page from the US rating to the rating based on your location. EMDb nog gets the rating of the country specified in the options independent of your location.
- Add from Hard Disk: Exclude TV Series episodes from being added as movies. These should be associated via the TV Series Details screen.
- Translations: Added translation for 'Custom Number' in the Add/ Edit Movie Dialog.
- Translations: Updated the Arabic, German, Turkish and Dutch translations.
Changes in version 1.96:
- User Interface: Fixed manually downloaded covers were not saved. (You can change the Internet Import Options to let the covers be downloaded automatically with the movie details. A lot of people still seem to use the manual way).
- User Interface: The dropdown of Groups in the Add / Edit Screen is now sorted alphabetically.
- Add From hard Disk: Fixed characters were all listed at the first actor.
- Add From hard Disk: Fixed CD1/CD2 movie parts were picked up as new movies even if they were already in a m3u playlist.
- User Interface: Draw the cover in the Movie Detail Panel with bilinear interpolation to improve the quality just a bit but now it looks good on non-96 DPI resolutions too.
- Database: Fixed groups were taken over when switching databases.
- Database: Added custom number field which can be used to display the movie number in both List View and Bookshelf View.
- User Interface: Fixed Group and Trailer were not updated when using Previous / Next buttons in the Add/Edit screen.
- Database: Fixed a bug in Remove Unused Actors resulting in mixing up of actors for Animation Movies.
- Database: Added 'PCM', 'AAC 2.0' and 'AAC 5.1' to the audio stream properties.
- User Interface: extended the number of custom languages to 5.
- Database: Added 'Lithuanian' and 'Filipino' to the spoken languages, audio streams and subtitles properties.
- Translations: Prepared for the Lithuanian translation. (It did not met the deadline for this release).
- Translations: Updated the Danish, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish and Dutch translations.